Thread: GRID Autosport freezing solution

GRID Autosport freezing solution

So I bought this new GRID Autosport game from Steam and installed it on my pc successfully. But if I am trying to play either the campaign mode or any custom cup then I am getting the same error messages both the times. I am on Windows 7 with dedicated nvidia graphics card on a laptop. Have the latest driver installed already. If I am driving in a race then sometimes the video will freeze but i can still hear sound. Any ideas how to fix this issue? Thanks

Re: GRID Autosport freezing solution

Freezes on my laptop in 30 - 60 seconds, GTX 680M with the 2 latest drivers. So I changed to HD4000 (pita) and it works. On my older lappie with GTX 260M works without a hitch. So perhaps a new driver in the future or a game update will solve the freeze; perhaps I'll try some still older driver, too.

I would first suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the GRID Autosport game in your computer and see if that makes any difference. Can you tell us what error message you are receiving? Is it giving any error codes or some driver crashing error? If the problem is related to nvidia drivers then try to clean install it first and then see if it works. To do a clean install, you can also download a tool called Revo Uninstaller which will remove all the remains of the graphics driver from your computer.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

New install didn't help. But a little detective work gave some results: playing in 1080p, Ultra + 2x AA freezes graphics in 30 seconds but the program continues running in the background; lowering the settings to 720p, Medium, no AA did work over an hour until it freezed. Driver is the latest WHQL.

Hi. Just registered to let you know I have the exact same problem.
    Video freezes and audio stays playing.
    I have an MSI laptop with an Nvidia 765M dedicated card and the latest (340.43) drivers.

Disable Smoke shadows in settings. That fixed the freezing with audio playing for me

Seems to work (so far).

I was too facing the same problem and clean install of the graphics driver didnt work for me. I found out that if I auto-select the settings then the game will not crash at all. I have also set the texture settings on high and still there are no crashing. But it seems that there might be some issues with the advanced fog and lightning settings. So, it could be either that my computer hardware is not enough to support the advanced settings or else there could be a bug in the game itself.

First of all try to reinstall the Nvidia Autosport Game Ready drivers comepletely. After that do a fresh install of the game with all settings set to high and all the advanced settings turned on. If you experience a display driver crash then it means that you cannot play game in high settings. Try to use the auto detect settings and see if you can play the game normally. If yes, then it means that the game crashes when all advanced settings is turned on. You will have to wait for a patch or new drivers from nvidia which will have optimized settings for the game.