Thread: Alienware desktop heating on World of Warcraft

Alienware desktop heating on World of Warcraft

I have a bit heating issue on Alienware desktop. It has a quiet decent hardware output. When I am playing games on it the system is getting heated. It gets turn off on its own. I checked the temperature in the bios. It is increasing above 70degree. I think the system is getting turned off because of that. I want a bit help in fixing this issue. This is the first time I found the system is getting heated. Hope there will be some solution for it.

Re: Alienware desktop heating on World of Warcraft

It can be due to dust inside. You have to open the system and you will have to clean it. This will boost the system output also. Just check that the cpu fan is working well or not. If it is stopped then you will still face the same problem. I got this issues long back due to fan. It was not working fine. It was spinning but when the cpu temperature rises the fan should increase it speed. And this was not happening in my system. So I replaced that and now it is working.

Re: Alienware desktop heating on World of Warcraft

According to me you will have to replace the fan. That will help you in fixing the problem. Relying on stock fan is not always good because after a few m months the system temperature is bit higher than normal. This can be also due to the thermal paste which is burned out. You have to replace that and check back. But it is quiet better to add a new fan on the cpu. You can find ample of good models.