Thread: Stutter problem in Thief 2014 game

Stutter problem in Thief 2014 game

I am using a GTX 670 graphics card with i5 core processor and I am facing stuttering problem while playing this new game Thief. I even tried to play the game on minimum settings but still the stuttering wont go away. I have all the latest drivers installed for my graphics card and other devices as well and all other games work fine as well. So, what could be the reason for this stutter, any ideas?

Re: Stutter problem in Thief 2014 game

Even I was facing this microstutter with my Nvidia graphics card and to solve this issue I had to disable the adaptive Vsync in the Nvidia Control Panel and then set to use 3D application. I was getting very bad stuttering before I made this changes. I also enabled Vsync and tripple buffering in the game and after this the stutter totally disappeared. Now I am getting 60FPS while playing this game. Hope this helps you out.

I guess that the problem might be related to the Vsync being on or off and because it is a Unreal Engine 3 then mouse smoothing is still enabled. You could try to disable it by editing the BaseEngine.ini file in the Thief/Engine directory and then change the OneFrameThreadedLag=True to False in the System Settings area. Just try to do it and let us know if it worked for you or not.

Try to run afterburner software and set the onscreen display to display your Vram usage and your frames per second. Do not surpass your Vram limit and afterwards lower your graphics settings. Try to ensure in MSI Afterburner that your frames are capped at 60. Go to Nvidia control panel and set your Vsync to Adaptive mode and then all will be fine. Hope this helps.