Thread: BioShock Infinite freezing on 4GB DDR3 RAM

BioShock Infinite freezing on 4GB DDR3 RAM

I had installed BioShock Infinite on my pc. I was having only 2GB ram first. Then I bought a new one of 2G and added that on the system. The game was lagging on single stick, but after adding the other then game freezes. IT is not moving ahead. It is stuck on the menu. After removing the ram atleast it goes ahead by lags a lot. I am trying to play the game on full settings. I have a mid range gpu and core i3 processor. I checked the system requirements that shows the game will work fine.

Re: BioShock Infinite freezing on 4GB DDR3 RAM

What is the ram model. Post both of them here. The old one and the new one. You have to give the details specification through which I can help you to find out the issue. Check some programs on your pc also. Tell us whether they are also freezing or not.

Looks like a issue of ram incompatibility. You said the game works well with one stick but with to stuck on one place. You have bought the wrong ram. I got this issue on a old desktop before. It was having a single stick of 1GB DDR3 800 Mhz ram. Later on I bought a high end series of single 2GB stick with 1600Mhz. The system was able to boot but all applications were freezing. Sometime the system also crash with blue screen. I tried various thing. I formatted my system, installed all the application back and later on I ran memtest. Everything was proper. The last thing I checked was the ram compatibility and I found the issue. Now I am running my system on a single 2GB stick where it works fine. There is no freezing issue. So you have to check the same in your case also.

Sometime this issue is associated with ram latency. Both rams might be different in terms of hardware specs. You have to use anyone of them. If your system is lagging then go ahead with full driver updates.