Thread: Battlefield 4 crashing on Windows 8

Battlefield 4 crashing on Windows 8

I am trying to play Battlefield 4 on my Lenovo laptop. It is a gaming pc which has 2GB graphic card and 4GB ram. The setup was fine and there were no errors. The game took really long time to install. After when setup was over I tried to play it. But it is crashing. I am unable to get the game menu. Should I re-install the game. I am installing it through the original game disc.

Re: Battlefield 4 crashing on Windows 8

It is a huge game. I think it is above 20GB. If some file inside the disc is damage then it will crash. So you can try running the setup once again and if still it does not work contact the vendor and ask for a different CD.

This thing is common in some pc. Most of them have AMD gpu. Till yet there is no fix for that. A patch is in way to release. This new Battlefield 4 patch give you more options to fix out the problem you are facing. Crashing is very common for high end games. And Battlefield is quiet large I think. You can start with some basic troubleshooting options like updating the video drivers. You can download the most latest one from web and install them in your pc. New drivers boost the output enhancing the video and graphic quality. If a new driver did not work then just for testing purpose you can use a old edition also. But not very old. Sometime this crashing issue are resolved when you re-install the game. EA has not yet released the patch and they said they are working on this on top priority. So soon we can get a new patch which will really work well and offer great output. But till that time you have to wait back.

Try to re-install the game and see what error you are getting when it is crashing. The error is associated to some file which can be unstable or damage. You must try to restore it and it will fix the job. Or just go on the official site to get new patches.

It looks your system does not fulfill the requirement of this game. Due to which you are facing the problem. You have to recheck everything back. What is the model of your graphic card. If it is quiet old then you cannot do anything. The game will not work on that and will crash with error. Many are getting a red screen issue especially on amd graphics. And this issue usually appear at the start or in between the game. So you have to update your drivers and if that does not help you have to update your gpu. Battlefield 4 is a resource intensive game. It will not work on low end hardware. The most you can do is run the game on compatibility mode. You just have to right click on the game icon and choose properties. In that go in the compatibility tab and from drop down choose the OS requirements. Select a older edition and done. The game will work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Priceles View Post
    I am trying to play Battlefield 4 on my Lenovo laptop. It is a gaming pc which has 2GB graphic card and 4GB ram. The setup was fine and there were no errors. The game took really long time to install. After when setup was over I tried to play it. But it is crashing. I am unable to get the game menu. Should I re-install the game. I am installing it through the original game disc.
    I've also suffered from this kind of problem while I tried to play Battlefield 4. Nothing will help unless you change your Graphic Card.