Thread: controller not working with Contrast 2013 game

controller not working with Contrast 2013 game

I liked the gameplay of this new game Contrast and bought it immediately. After installing it in my pc, the game is running smoothly without any issues. But after playing for a bit, I thought of using my controller to play this game. The controller is recognized in the game but it will not register any buttons if I press? Can anyone tell me how do I get this controller working? Thanks

Re: controller not working with Contrast 2013 game

Can you tell us what is the make or model of the controller you are using to play Contrast game? Have you checked if it uses the old DirectInput or the XInput API configuration since that will be a proper explanation for why it is not working properly. Most of the new game support both APIs but since it is a Indie game so we cannot really be sure what is it using.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Yes, you will need to get an Xinput compatible gamepad inorder to play this game. And the best gamepad out there is the Xbox 360 controller which is commonly used as a standard for playing games on Windows operating system. There are also other controller from Logitech which can be used to play this game without any issues.

Last time I checked the Steam community then the developers of this game said that there is a Xinput support to play this game with the controller. The different type of controllers that were tested for this game were Xbox 360, logitech controller, etc; which seems to be working. However, there is no full controller support which means different types of gamepad will work with this game or so.