Thread: Need help to fix grey screen of death while playing Call of Duty

Need help to fix grey screen of death while playing Call of Duty

I am having a good system with gaming hardware config. But I regularly face game crash issue. Most of the time while playing there are grey lines on the screen. Sometime the screen turns complete grey and I can only hear the audio in the backside. I need some way to fix the same.I am using AMD Phenom II Black Edition processor and ATI Radeon graphic card. I check the system requirement before playing games.

Re: Need help to fix grey screen of death while playing Call of Duty

You have some bugs in your pc. You have to locate the details about that. Like there can be a memory problem due to your game crash. You have to do a overall testing one by one to locate the information. Go in event viewer and checkout. You will get a lots of error details there.

Gray screen means gpu problem. If you are getting this problem in many game then your gpu is going to die soon. Or it is heating a lot. The gpu is not able to give you proper output. For that you can start with basic troubleshooting. First you can change the pci slot on which the graphic card is connected. Second you can update the gpu firmware which will again helpful. Third try to start the game on lowest resolution. Modify the video settings and turn off vsync or any other additional options which are working. This will put a bit less pressure on it. You can add a gpu temp monitoring app to find the temperature. If it is heating then you must leave it aside. You have to buy a new one soon. If it is under warranty then carry the same to a service center and ask for repair. Heating issue is also caused due to poor psu. Due to low voltage the gpu does not give you appropriate output.

Looks like your gpu is having some issue. You have to test it. Sometime a damage gpu can cause the problem. It is unable to give you good resolution output and the game crash instantly. If your gpu is under warranty then carry the same to a service center.

I will advice you to format your system and install everything from scratch. Run a fresh installation of Windows, install new drivers and only things which are required. Do not overload your system with unnecessary applications.