Thread: launching Agarest: Generations of War gives black screen

launching Agarest: Generations of War gives black screen

I recently purchased Agarest: Generations of War game from Steam store. After installing it if I am trying to launch the game then I am getting black screen and nothing. I have the latest nvidia graphics driver installed for my GTX 660 card and also have tried to reinstall the game but still nothing is working for me? Is there anyone who can tell me how to solve this problem? Thanks

Re: launching Agarest: Generations of War gives black screen

There was a fix given for this problem on the Steam community. You will need to launch the game and then after getting the black screen try to press Alt+Enter key to get into Windows mode. Doing all this things still doesnt fix the issue for you then you will need to change the Agarest.ini file which is located in the local files folder through Steam for the game. Just modify full screen to 0 or change the resolution settings to match the primary display settings output instead of 1080p and then save the changes.

I tried the above solution which didnt work for me. I tried to press the Alt+Enter key to get inside Windowed mode and then checked that the Window was bigger than the screen resolution. So I searched for the game folder which was located at C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Agarest Generations of War and then opened the Agarest.ini file with notepad. After changing the width and height values to my screen resolution everything started to work normally again.

This problem can be also solved by disabling the DirectVobSub filter in K-Lite codec pack if you have it installed in your computer. Simply go to K-Lite Codec folder and then open the codec tweak tool. After that click Directshow Filters and then look under Enabled Filters and then Miscellaneous section. Look if the DirectVobSub is listed there and remove the check box to disable it. Save the settings and then launch the game without any black screen issue.