Thread: Why did MS removed Freecell from Windows 8

Why did MS removed Freecell from Windows 8

I am sorry if this query is going in to wrong section. I am new to Windows 8, upgraded recently from window XP. I just have a very small query. Earlier in free times i use to play Freecell on my computer, i really love that game very much. After updating to Windows 8, i might have spent about half an hour for searching the same on my computer but didnt found it any where.

Can anybody tell me why did Microsoft removed Free Cell from Win 8? Is there any place i can download the same for this new OS?

Re: Why did MS removed Freecell from Windows 8

Yes, Microsoft has removed it from Windows 8. However you can download it from Microsoft Store. Here is the link for Win 8 FreeCell.

This is far better than before, you can see animation while deal and winning moments. It comes with several beautiful card sets, card backs and backgrounds to choose from. Lots more.

Thank you very much for the same, friend. But this is too different. Although it looks good compared to earlier FreeCell we played on XP and Windows 7, but how can we run it in Windowed Mode? This version runs in full screen only. Earlier I use to play it in side while working which is not possible now.

Yep, this is an app like other apps in windows 8. It will run in full screen only but still you can keep it aside while working. Haven’t you seen the multi window feature of windows 8? This OS is far better for multitasking compared to older versions. You just need to click and slide from the left edge of your window to bring other open apps.