Thread: Outlast game will not launch on my computer

Outlast game will not launch on my computer

I have recently bought Outlast game and installed it on my pc. But when I am trying to launch the game on my computer then a small black screen comes up and then goes away and doesnt start the game? I am also not getting any error message that can atleast tell me if there is some problem. I tried to restart my pc and Steam serveral times but still it didnt work? Can anyone please help me out? Thanks

Re: Outlast game will not launch on my computer

Even I am facing the same problem. I have checked that all the things are working properly but only when I hit the new game and then accept to continue then I get a loading screen that seems to be displayed in the background and I even get the sound from the game but after that the screen goes black again. It seems that some checks is done which is causing the game to not respond.

Many people are facing this problem and there were some guys who were able to solve this problem by installing the UE3Redist.exe file in this location - Steam\SteamApps\common\Outlast\Binaries\Redist. You can try to do this and see if it work for you. If not then ask for a refund for this game which is not working for you at all.

Can you try to just exit Steam and then also check that Outlast game is not running in the backgound, for same you can open Task Manager and see the running processeses. After that start Steam in admin mode and then try to run the game. If it still doesnt launch then try to choose the lowest graphical settings and also lowest resolution and then see if the game starts or not.