Thread: Saints Row 4 freezing randomly

Saints Row 4 freezing randomly

I bought/downloaded a digital copy of Saints Row 4 yesterday. Installed it without any issues and started playing the game. It would have been just 10 minutes of the game and it started freezing for 3 to 5 seconds in every two o three minutes. I tried restarting the game again, it worked good for few minutes and again the same problem, started freezing randomly.

As i was not able to figure out the problem, i simply uninstalled and re-installed the game again. Played it for few minutes and it again started freezing. This is not getting annoying. I dont think this could be my system problem because i have played more heavy graphical games on this computer without any problems.

Is it just me or anybody else faced the issue with Saints Row IV? Can anyone suggest me some fix for the same? Thank you in advance.

Re: Saints Row 4 freezing randomly

Hello Rish!On,

You or me just cannot do anything about that because it is not the problem with your system, to me it seems like a bug because exactly the same thing is happening on my PS3 as well. I dont know what driver or system requirements problems could be with the PS3 console. It is a bug and the developers must workout to fix it asap.

I am having just next to the MINIMUM required config for Saints ROW 4. Hence since beginning itself I started playing it on the lowest settings. Guess what, so far I didn’t face a single freezing issue, or lagging. So I just wonder, if it is a bug then why not appeared to me? Just as a suggestion, it could be game’s problem but if you really want to enjoy the game, try lowering your game/graphic settings.

Quote Originally Posted by visioneye View Post
    Just as a suggestion, it could be game’s problem but if you really want to enjoy the game, try lowering your game/graphic settings.
    Wow, thanks for the suggestion visioneye.

Can you please let me know the steps to lower the setting on my PS3?

Quote Originally Posted by suHuman View Post
    Wow, thanks for the suggestion visioneye.

Can you please let me know the steps to lower the setting on my PS3?
    Good joke. I wish if you had understood that I was talking about PC version here. For PS3, you just wait for the patch.

I doubt if it is a bug because there are several users around the world who have posted their video walkthroughs online on youtube or other video sharing websites and none of them show freezing problems. So this cannot be a bug.

I will suggest you guys to go through the basic troubleshooting processes like updating your graphic drivers, DirectX, lowering the game settings, disabling security suites, etc. This should fix out the freezing problems.