Thread: Payday 2 game crashes after every successful mission

Payday 2 game crashes after every successful mission

Hello,

I am trying to play Payday 2 on my pc that is decent enough to run this game. After starting Payday 2 I get a screen to visit Safe House. I do that and when I try to access the laptop to start the mission in the game, then Payday 2 immediately crashes to desktop. I again launch the game and this time dont visit this safe house and start playing the mission in offline mode. But after completing every mission successfully, the game will again crash to desktop. Is there anything that can be done to fix this? Thanks

Re: Payday 2 game crashes after every successful mission

Can you try to go to the games installed location, which might be c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\payday2. After that there might be an exe file with the name "payday2_win32_release". Just right click on this exe file and then click troubleshoot compatability and it will tell you to test this program using the recommended settings, just click on it and then check if payday 2 works fine or not. After closing the game, simply click to save these settings.

If the above solution doesnt work then try to disable the Steam Overlay and see if that works. To do this, click on Steam and then click on the Settings button. After that click on "In-Game Settings" tab. Now you need to uncheck the box next to "Enable Steam Community In-Game" and then click on ok. You will then have to disable the Steam Overlay on specific games only by right clicking on the game title, then click on "Properties" and then uncheck "Enable Steam Community In-Game" in the General Tab.

There is another soltution to solve this crashing problem and that is to delete the AppData Payday 2 folder. But doing this will delete your save game as well. So, to do this, just go to AppData folder by typing in %appdata% in the Start Search Menu. After that go back from the folder which will open Roaming folder and then open the local folder and go to the Payday 2 folder. Delete everything that is there in this folder and then try to play the game and see if the crashing gets fixed.