Thread: Movement and Aim speed too fast in Rise of the Triad

Movement and Aim speed too fast in Rise of the Triad

So I purchased this game called Rise of the Triad from Steam and after installing it I am not able to control the super fast movement of the character and thus my aiming becomes ridiculous and this is frustrating me. The mouse sensitivity becomes horrid with the slightest movement and because of that I always loose the aiming from crosshair. I am seriously not able to find this game playable unless there is something that can be done to slow the fast movement? Any ideas? Thanks

Re: Movement and Aim speed too fast in Rise of the Triad

The same movement speed was used in the old games. In any case, you can try to set mouse sensitivity to 20 and FOV to 105. With this setting, you can even play this game very well with a gamepad. It will also help those people who suffer from the motion sickness playing this kind of game at higher speeds. I would say, better play this game for sometime and you will get used to the speedy movment.

You can use the fix for smoothing the mouse acceleration of this game. Just go to the location called steamapps/common/Rise of The Triad/Engine/Config/BaseInput and also Users/yourname/mydocuments/mygames/riseofthetriad/rottgame/config/rottinput and then fine the below lines and replace them with the below ones:

[Engine.PlayerInput]
    LookRightScale=0.000000
    LookUpScale=0.000000
    bEnableMouseSmoothing=False

Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0")
    Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0")

Bindings=(Name="LookUp",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=+25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0")
    Bindings=(Name="LookDown",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0")

Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=-40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0")
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnRight",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=+40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0")

Even I agree that the speed of the game is too fast for aiming. Its way to fast that I am not able to hit someone even with a knife when I click the button if I am close to someone. Rise of the Triad is poorly made and I cant cope up with the glitches and problems in this game. Also, this type of game is not meant for gamepads hence it couldnt be released on the consoles.