Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Compatible PC Games for Windows 8.1

Video Games

Old 30-07-2013

Compatible PC Games for Windows 8.1

Hope most of you here might have already tested games on the newest 8.1 Preview system. I need some information on the same. I am having a Gaming PC as of now running with Windows 7. The configuration is pretty good with Nvidia's one of the best card. If required i can provide the complete specs.

Actually now i want to upgrade the system to 8.1 Preview. Only reason i haven't updated yet to win 8 was because of missing start menu. Now as it is back again in Windows 8.1 now i am finally planning to move to the same. But like many other people i wont be moving to 8.1 for testing purpose but will consider it as my final OS and will upgrade it later to RTM versions.

But as you all know, this is my Gaming PC and the most concerned thing is whether it support Gaming or not. So can gamers here provide me their gaming experience on Windows 8.1 ? Thanks in advance.

Old 03-08-2013

Re: Compatible PC Games for Windows 8.1

I think there would be only few games which are yet not compatible with the new 8.1. Rest of the games which work comfortably on Windows 8, should also work fine on 8.1. I own few games such as Batttlefield 3, Crysis both parts (1 and 2), Mirrors Edge, and Duke Nukem Forever. I tried all of them and are working fine on my system. So i can be pretty sure that games designed for 8 will also work in 8.1, however you will require a compatible drivers for your graphic card for this new system as it disables all installed drivers while upgrading the operating system.
Old 07-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Gogo View Post
But as you all know, this is my Gaming PC and the most concerned thing is whether it support Gaming or not. So can gamers here provide me their gaming experience on Windows 8.1 ? Thanks in advance.
As far as Windows 8 is concerned, yes, it can be a w\very good gaming platform. But if you talk about Windows 8.1 then let me tell you that it is the operating system under development yet. So you may definitely face some bugs and problems but probably that should be fixed later because i have played few games on my Windows 8.1 through Steam and they work fine. The games include GRID, Homefront, COD Modern Warfare 1 & 2 and Black Ops as well. Now i am just planning to play the launched DLC for Blakc ops named Vengeance.

You should be worry free, Microsoft will not let the games go off its operating system.
Old 08-08-2013

Even I played some high ends and didnít faced any problems on Windows 8.1. Games like Resident evil 5, Homefront, Batttlefield 3, Call of Duty, everything works fine. In beginning I was facing some problem but that required some drivers update and extra settings in your graphic card control panel. Thatís it, there after it works fine.
Old 12-08-2013

I too agree with you guys, infact as far as I have tested the system or gaming, to me it seems like it is even better then earlier windows. For example, you guys can check the below comparison scores of Windows 7 and Windows 8 in gaming performance. I was surprised to see that though the operating system which is in development can offer such better score:

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: ,