Thread: The Last of Us game stuck at loading screen and playstation 3 freezes

The Last of Us game stuck at loading screen and playstation 3 freezes

I was waiting for the release of The Last of Us game since i saw its trailer about 4 months ago. I was too excited with its release, bought the game today itself for my PS3 console. Now when first time i inserted the game discs and i comfortably selected the difficulty level and the language. Just after this my console freezed completely. Nothing happened. I had to hard reboot the console.

Started second time, again selected difficulty and language and now the game is just stuck and not able to load. Its been more than 6 hours troubleshooting the same but yet not able to reach upto the opening scenes. Damn. I dont know what and where is the problem. Can anyone please help me out with this?

Re: The Last of Us game stuck at loading screen and playstation 3 freezes

You are not alone with the said problem buddy, there are thousands of gamers facing several more problems with the game, including me. Your just freezes the console or the game is stuck on loading, in my case it just resets my Playstation 3 once in every 1.5 to 2 hours. This is just ridiculous. Hope the developer, publisher or anyone else can help us out with the problem.

Please help.

I too agree with both you guys. The Last of Us is just a freaking game I have seen so far for PlayStation 3. Anyways, as far as the problem you guys have mentioned above can be fixed by simply patching up that released yesterday itself by the developers. Doesn’t that sounds funny? Developers released the Patch right after few hours of the Games release. That means they were well aware of all these problems but still they launch.

Anyways, make sure your PS3 is connected to Internet, start the game and you will receive the patch notification. Apply the patch. Restart the console and start the game. Hopefully you wont be facing the freeze or loading issues anymore. Loading will take longer time but it will not stuck like before. You can also see the loading percentage after applying the new patch.

Yeah, the new Patch has surely fixed the loading and freezing issues but as you said this is freaking game, you get a new problem after the Patch. Auto Saves not working anymore.

Damn. I want refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Head-Hunter View Post
    Anyways, make sure your PS3 is connected to Internet, start the game and you will receive the patch notification. Apply the patch. Restart the console and start the game. Hopefully you wont be facing the freeze or loading issues anymore. Loading will take longer time but it will not stuck like before.
    Thanks for the help friend, but I am still facing the problem even after applying the patch. Still it freezes my console however the loading issue has been fixed. What can I do to fix the freezing the problem?

Just reset your PlayStation 3, start the game, download the patch again, apply the patch, restart the console and now try playing the game. Hopefully you wont be getting the freezing problem now.

Quote Originally Posted by DooM ! View Post
    Yeah, the new Patch has surely fixed the loading and freezing issues but as you said this is freaking game, you get a new problem after the Patch. Auto Saves not working anymore.
    So do you mean we should not apply the patch? If not, then we have to face the freezing and loading issues and if we apply then we have to face the AutoSave problem. Damn…what is wrong with the game. Isn’t there any way to play the game comfortably?

You must apply the patch without worrying about the AutoSave. Just check the following article to know how can you fix the Saving Problem in Last of Us after applying the page. The Last of Us game autosave doesnt work