Thread: Unable to disable MIC or push to talk in Grid 2

Unable to disable MIC or push to talk in Grid 2

Now this is the only thing that is irritating me a lot in Grid 2. If you guys are playing Grid 2 than you will be aware that there is no option or settings to disable the in-game MIC. And due to which if you are playing it connected with others, they will listen your each conversation you are having out of the game like talking to your brother, mother, friend, etc home. Thank you Codmaster for such a great job. I mean if i am not making a mistake than this is the 3rd game in the row from codmasters which is not having MIC disabling feature.

The only way is to either plug out the MIC from system or go to steam settings and mute the game. Thats ridiculous.

Re: Unable to disable MIC or push to talk in Grid 2

You are correct Ogan. I dont know why do they put the in-game chat if they wont allow the settings to stop it if not required. They haven't left any privacy, i mean all members in the game can listen what we are talking with people around us. If they cannot provide the MIC disabling settings atleast they should provide Push To Talk, right? Codemasters, you are doing very wrong. Work on this

First of all i dont know what is the use of this...why dont they simply turn it off. Anyways, the only way to get rid of this is not by pulling off the mic from the system. If you are using some high end Headphones like the one from Creative or Logitech, you have the options (keys) right in the headphone to turn them off.. Alternatively you can also do this by setting up MIC options from Steam settings as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ChamPion! View Post
    If you are using some high end Headphones like the one from Creative or Logitech, you have the options (keys) right in the headphone to turn them off.. Alternatively you can also do this by setting up MIC options from Steam settings as well.
    Yeah, you may be correct at this but i am bit surprised that though i have a Creative headset and its switch is set to Off, still people can hear me loud. I dont know how it is possible When i use the same settings while Skype or any other application, it gets mute but in the game its not working. I also checked the settings in Realtek HD Audio Settings but there is nothing to adjust sensitivity. Hence, even i need to plug out the headset and use speakers while playing Grid 2.

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie! View Post
    though i have a Creative headset and its switch is set to Off, still people can hear me loud. I dont know how it is possible
    Quiet surprising. Which Creative headset are you using? Even i have one with Creative soundblaster Xfi card and it has a option for Push To Talk. I am also able to mute my Mic on Grid 2. So unlike you all, i dont have any problem with the game or headset.