Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Grid 2 freezes randomly with i7 core

Video Games

Old 04-06-2013

Grid 2 freezes randomly with i7 core

I am having a pretty good gaming system system running on GTX 670 (SLI), Intel 3770K Ivy Bridge @ 4.7Ghz, 8GB RAM and Windows 7. This system has never faced any problem with any of the video games since i bought it last year. No matter i played low graphical games or high end games, every gamed worked fine but with Grid 2, i finally started getting problems.

Whenever i try playing the game my system starts freezing randomly. I have tried updating all drivers, DirectX, killing processes, disabled startup items, but yet the problem remains. Surprisingly when i play another game at the same time i dont face any freezing or lagging issue.

Is it just me or somebody else facing the same problem? Please suggest me some fix for this annoying problem.

Old 07-06-2013

Re: Grid 2 freezes randomly with i7 core

There are many users facing this problem in Grid 2, not just with Core i7 but with other processors as well. Even i am one of them. I installed this game 2 days ago and until now i am just trying to fix the freezing problem. Just like you tried several things including the re-installation but yet no success. So one thing is for sure, you are not alone, count me in too. Hope somebody can provide a fix.
Old 07-06-2013

Hey guys, here is the fully working solution for your problems.

Actually i found it on my own while figuring out the problem. Yeah. i was too facing the freezing issues with Grid 2 on such high rig What you need to is, Launch and minimize the game. Right click task bar and open Task Manager. Here go to processes and right click grid2.exe. Set its affinity to "all processors".

Now restart the game and start playing. Hopefully you will not face the freezing problem anymore. Atleast it worked for me.
Old 07-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cloud View Post
What you need to is, Launch and minimize the game. Right click task bar and open Task Manager. Here go to processes and right click grid2.exe. Set its affinity to "all processors".
Wow, where were you so far? Thank you very much for sharing the (bit unusual) tip. That really fixed the problem.

Appreciated.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , ,