Thread: Call of Juarez Gunslinger crash to desktop "This program has stopped working"

Call of Juarez Gunslinger crash to desktop "This program has stopped working"

I have built my computer for gaming purpose only spending more than $1500. But when playing Call of Juarez Gunslinger game, it runs fine for sometime but occasionally it will crash to desktop after I kill some guys in start of the mission. The error that pops up after the crash states "This program has stopped working". With the latest drivers for the GTX 600, I dont think its a graphics card issue. So, can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks.

Re: Call of Juarez Gunslinger crash to desktop "This program has stopped working"

Well, did you try to verify the integrity of the Call of Juarez Gunslinger game cache? To do this, you have to open Steam and then go to Game Library and then right click on the game you want to verify. After that choose Properties and then on the Local Files tab, you need to verify the integrity of this game cache. Also, I read somewhere that if you have 7.1 surround sound system then it will make the game to crash. So try switching to some lower audio sound device and see if that works.

Re: Call of Juarez Gunslinger crash to desktop "This program has stopped working"

Well, if it is a surround sound problem then you can go to Control Panel and then Hardware and Sound and then Manage Audio Devices and then right click on the audio device and hit configure speakers. Check whether the device that you have supports both, if yes, then it must be listed on there itself. Just disable the 7.1 surround sound and the game will work fine for you.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Call of Juarez Gunslinger craching problem also happens with some weird characters in your Steam Screen Name. So, if you are facing this problem then you can simply try to change your profile name to something very simple like "Kevin". Just remember not to use any alt+code characters which is the root cause of this problem.