Thread: Grid 2 crashes to a black screen with nvidia 660 ti

Grid 2 crashes to a black screen with nvidia 660 ti

I am able to play all other famous/high end games fine on my PC with the Nvidia 660 TI graphics card that I have. But I am not able to play Grid 2 only. Whenever I am attempting to play Grid 2, then it will continuously crash to black screen. When I checked for some solution for this issue, then most of the people who own this nvidia 660 ti card are only having the same problem. Is there any fix for this crashing issue? Thanks

Re: Grid 2 crashes to a black screen with nvidia 660 ti

Have you tried to run the game as administrator? Are you using a steam version of the game, if so then check whether the game is installed fine or not by verifying the integrity of the game cache. You will need to do this by right clicking on the game in the Steam library and then choosing Properties and then go to the local tab. Here you have to choose verify integrity of the game cache option.

Even I am facing the same issue with the same card. I have just rolled back the drivers back to 314.22 but still the game is freezing continuously. I can play the game in lowest settings but that just doesnt give the full output of the gaming and it looks very basic, and even after sometime the game crashes. So, changing the settings also is not a proper solution to this problem I suppose.

Have you tried playing the game in Windowed Mode, if it does work, then there might be some game breaking bug in Grid 2 which is causing it to crash in full mode. I remember this used to happen with Resident Evil 6 game and the only thing that worked was a patch released by the game developers. Either ways, try to install the latest graphics driver or directx version. Reinstall the game if necessary. Contact the support team of Codemasters for refund if the game is not working.