Thread: Starcraft II Heart of the Swarm freezes on cutscene

Starcraft II Heart of the Swarm freezes on cutscene

I had bought Starcraft II Heart of the Swarm recently. I had installed this in my system. It started well with few cut-scene on the start. I found that when the game plays cut-scene it lags. Like the video lags on Youtube when it is buffering. Now after playing some chapters the game just freezes on cut-screen. There is a total black screen and sound in the background. I tried to restart the game a number of time. The problem is not frequent but comes in between sometime and spoils the complete mood.

Re: Starcraft II Heart of the Swarm freezes on cutscene

You will have to update your video drivers I think. What is your system configuration. Can you post that in detail here. I had faced the same kind of issue before. But they are not on cut scene only. It was on the entire game. The game just freezes on start and goes very slow on laggy screen. I am having a AMD gpu. I had updated the drivers and then the game worked fine. There is no problem at all. You must also update the drivers and then run it back. It will work fine.

I am having a Intel Core i3 system with 4GB RAM and 1GB gpu by Nvidia. I had also installed GTA recently which works fine. If there is a issue with the video drivers then GTA must also crash. I am playing the older edition here. It works really fine with smooth graphic and the cut scene is also fine. So I do not think there is a driver fault. I am still going to update it and let you know whether the issue is solved or not. But I really do not think the issue lies with the video driver.

I am also playing the same game and it works fine. I will recommend you to run chkdsk. There are chances that your system drive is having bad sectors due to which you are getting the problem. You must run chkdsk in cmd and then test back. Through which if there are bad sectors in your system. Try to re-install the game and this time choose another location. Do not choose the default C drive. It might not work great. Bad sectors are kind of common issue with crashing.

Try to re-install the game and then test back. I too think the issue lies with drivers. First update the drivers and then test back. Till yet officially there is no patch available on the game and there are hardly any person who has reported bugs on the same. So better update the drivers and then see. It is correct that there can be bad sectors on your hard drive. Due to which the game is freezing or crashing. Try installing it on some other location and then test back.