Thread: Battlefield 3 on windows 8

Battlefield 3 on windows 8

Is there anyone over here who have played Battlefield 3 on windows 8 ??? Actually I am planning to upgrade to windows 8 but I can't sacrifice Battlefield 3 for it. So before upgrading, I want to know if Battlefield 3 runs without any issue windows 8. I have asked about it to many of my friends but i have got varying responses. Some say that it works like a charm where as some say that it keeps on crashing.

Re: Battlefield 3 on windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by DESI ARNAZ View Post
    Is there anyone over here who have played Battlefield 3 on windows 8 ??? Actually I am planning to upgrade to windows 8 but I can't sacrifice Battlefield 3 for it. So before upgrading, I want to know if Battlefield 3 runs without any issue windows 8. I have asked about it to many of my friends but i have got varying responses. Some say that it works like a charm where as some say that it keeps on crashing.
    I haven't tried playing Battlefield 3 on windows 8 but I have come across many people who had problem in installing the game and issues like lagging, crashing and freezing after installing it. Only few people have mentioned that they were able to get the game working without any issues on windows 8. I'll personally go with the mass response, so considering that I don't think it will run fine on windows 8. However, condition depends on your system configuration as well.

Issues like lagging, crashing and freezing mostly occur due to improper system environment. If you have issues installing the game then you can try installing it in compatibility mode. There are many games that are still not fully compatible with windows 8. They need to be installed in compatibility mode. Battlefield 3 does work on windows 8 but you might have to try out some troubleshooting to get it working without any issues. Ill suggest you to go ahead with upgrading process, if you have any query regarding the game further then you can feel free to ask, best of luck.

Yeah there are lots of varying responses over the web as well:
    Battlefield 3 + windows 8 = Fail
    Battlefield 3 + windows 8 = Great
    I think testing it yourself will be a better idea. One of my friends is a big fan of Battlefield 3 and he has installed it on his laptop running windows 8. It's working fine there, there was a bit of lagging issue in the start but he has fixed it by changing some in game settings.

It works fine on my system:
    ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3 motherboard
    Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB DDR3 1600 Memory
    Intel i3840 processor
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

I haven't faced any by now. So as per my experience Battlefield 3 should work fine on windows 8 in your case as well.

Ok, I'll upgrade to windows 8 this weekend. At least some people are running it without any issues. If I come across any issue then I will catch you all for help. Hope it would work as it used to in windows 7.