Thread: NBA 2K12 doesn’t start

NBA 2K12 doesn’t start

I used to play nba 2k11 in my friends system and got fond of it. I didn’t play it for quite a long time. However, today I have installed NBA 2K12. I did not had any issue in installing it but since installing it whenever I am running the game shortcut form the screen nothing happens. I don’t get any error as such. It seems as if the game shortcut is dead. Any idea what might be wrong in my case???? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game a couple of times but no avail, that’s not making any difference in my case.

Re: NBA 2K12 doesn’t start

First of all I want to know if you are running the game as administrator. If yes, then which version of windows you are running??? Is it windows 8?? Did u open the task manager and cross checked if there is any process or service related to NBA 2K12 running?? If you haven’t then check these things now and post back so that I can have better idea of the problem you are facing.

No I am not running windows 8, I am running windows 7. I am running the game as administrator, after your suggestion I have gone through task manager. It’s surprising that there is no ba2k12.exe running under application however there is a NBA 2k12 processes running under processes tab. God knows what is the issue all about, I have never faced any such issue with nba 2k11 throughout. Is there anything else that I can try out further apart from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the game???? I love nba, so please help me out as soon as possible. Help regarding this will be grateful.

Since you have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I want to know if you have tried running the game in compatibility mode. If not, then you can give it a try.

• Right click on the game shortcut and select properties
    • Click on compatibility tab and under that check “Run this program in compatibility mode” and select windows xp as compatibility option in the drop down box.
    • Save the changes by clicking ok OK and Apply and run the shortcut again.

If that works then well and good if that doesn’t then you can revert back to me for further help.

That dint worked. I have tried selecting windows xp as compatibility option and other possible option that I found in the drop down box but none of them were able to run the game. I wanted to add that I have just now installed the same game on my neighbors system running windows 7. Its working fine there, I didn’t even change any setting, I simply installed it and launched it. It ran smoothly at the very first attempt. It seems as if there is some serious issue with my system but then I don’t have any issue in running other games. I am just running out of ideas now.

Try these things:

• Close all unnecessary background application
    • Close all unnecessary unknown and services non – Microsoft services
    • Turn of your antivirus and security system that you might be having installed for testing purpose
    • Try lowering your screen resolution

Just try out these things and let me know if any of them makes any difference in your case.

Turning off my net protector antivirus fixed the issue. Just after disabling it when I ran the game, it came up running. There were some malicious files in the game directory, I wasn’t aware of it as I had forgotten to scan my pen drive after borrowing the game from my friend. I ran a through scan and cleaned my system, everything is working fine now.