Thread: Hitman absolution won’t run in windows 8

Hitman absolution won’t run in windows 8

I have played Hitman absolution on windows 7 system without any issues. However, today I have installed same game on windows 8 system and it is just not running. I dint came across any error while installing Hitman absolution on windows 8, but after the installation when I am double clicking on the game shortcut on the desktop nothing happens. I don’t get any error message as well, does that mean this game is not compatible with windows 8 and I will have to run it in windows 7 only??? Is there any workaround that I can try for running Hitman absolution in windows 8??

Re: Hitman absolution won’t run in windows 8

There might be something wrong in your case, I have installed Hitman absolution on my system running windows 8 and I haven’t faced a single issue. Have you tried basic troubleshooting stuffs like verifying the game cache? Updating graphic card drivers?? Updating direct x??? If you haven’t then try out these things first and see if any of the above solutions allows you to run Hitman absolution in your windows 8 system, best of luck.

By now I have tried out below things:
    • Updating graphic card drivers
    • Updating direct x
    • Verifying the game cache
    • Reinstalling the game a couple of times
    • Running the game as admin

All of these have not made any difference in my case and I get the same response from the launcher. Did you made any specific changes for running the game in windows 8????

There are quite a number of people who have reported the same issue while trying to run the game in windows 8. The only solution that has helped most of them was running the game in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3). In order to do so you can follow below simple steps:
    • Right click on the game shortcut on your desktop and select properties
    • Once you get new window opened simply click on compatibility tab
    • Now in compatibility tab, check “Run this program in compatibility mode” and select Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) in the drop down menu.
    • You should also check the option saying “Run this program as administrator” and save the changes you have made by clicking OK and try launching the game again.

I have followed the above steps for running Hitman absolution in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) but for some unknown reason it’s not working out for me. I do see people saying that they were able to run the game in compatibility mode but God knows why it is not working in my system, feeling a bit unlucky now.

Have you tried running the game in other compatibility modes rather than Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) ? In the same drop down box there are some more compatibility options. You can try running the game with each of them, One of the option should work out for you. While looking after a fix for this issue in your case I have come across a crack, that crack is for running Hitman Absolution in windows 8. I haven’t tried it in myself but if you want than you can give it a try. Just Google out “Hitman Absolution Skidrow Crack” and check out for the crack on skidrowgames site. Let me know if that helps you out.