Thread: Low fps in Black Ops 2

Low fps in Black Ops 2

I have installed Black Ops 2 on my system and I am getting Low fps, my system is quite capable of running the game and I am getting 40 fps for other latest games like battlefield 3 and maxpayne. However, I won’t even get 20 fps in Black Ops 2, it stays between 15 to 20 only. What might be wrong? Any idea?

Re: Low fps in Black Ops 2

You should have posted your system specification along with your issue. Have you updated your graphic card driver to the latest? Have you installed recommended windows updates??? If not, then check them out first and let me know if you get better fps.

My system specification:
    Intel Core i7-2600 Processor
    Gigabyte GeForce GTS 250 1GB
    8 GB ram
    Windows 7 64 bit
    I have installed latest graphic card driver and my system is up to date with all recommended windows update. Is there anything else that I need to check???

Low fps issue is mostly because of graphic card driver, since you have mentioned that you have installed latest graphic card driver already, I want to know if you have made clean installation of the same or you have simply updated it ???? In case if you have just updated it over the old one, I will suggest you to make clean installation of it. I mean first uninstall the current graphic card driver using uninstalling like revo uninstaller or driver sweeper and install the latest one after that. Just make sure that you are restarting your system after uninstalling the driver and before installing the driver.

I don’t think it’s because of graphic card driver in my case, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the graphic card driver a couple of times but I don’t see any improvement.
    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game itself, but no matter what I am not able to get more than 20 fps. This issue is just not in my case, there are many others who have reported low fps issue but none of them have come up with an effective solution to deal with it.

Have you tried running the game at lower settings or in compatibility mode??? If you haven’t than you can try that out. First try playing the game on lower settings, if you get better fps than you can continue to play it on that setting until there is a fix for it. If you get same low fps even after playing the game in lower setting than you can run it in windows vista sp3 compatibility mode. I can’t think of anything else that might help you out in this case.

I haven’t installed the game yet but while looking after a fix for this issue I came across one who has fixed it in his case. He was getting fps between 20 to 30 only whereas his system was capable of delivering 50 to 55 fps for other latest game. According to him there is no need of playing the game in lower setting and compatibility mode, simply setting "Field of Depth" setting to Low will bring up better fps. So just try it out and let me know if it really does, best of luck.