Thread: Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2012) keeps on crashing

Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2012) keeps on crashing

I have installed Need for Speed: Most Wanted and it keeps on crashing at random interval while playing the game. I really don’t have any idea why is it crashing like that. I never had any such issue with any other games by now. My system is quite capable of playing the game, has anyone else faced this issue and can help me out???

Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2012) keeps on crashing

Do you get any error message when the game crashes??? Hope you have updated your graphic card driver?? If that’s not the case then try reinstalling the game and see if you are able to run it without any issue after that.

It crashes with Application Error and I get different ones at different times. I have already updated my graphic card driver and have uninstalled and reinstalled the game a couple of times but no luck. I can’t get the game running without crash.
    I have made sure that my system is meeting every requirement of the game. Is there anything else that I might try out to get the game running???

Have you tried changing resolution of the game to your native resolution? If you haven’t than try that out and see if it runs fine after that.

Give this trick a shot:
    Go to directory of NFS: Most Wanted Installer, if you haven’t changed it during installation than it might be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed(TM) Most Wanted\D3D11Installer
    Once you get it, Right-click on the installer, select Properties and click on the compatibility tab.
    Now in compatibility tab window click on “Change settings for all users” button, select “Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)” and check mark “Run this program in compatibility mode for” option.
    After than under Privilege Level, check mark “Run this program as an administrator” option, save the changes by clicking on OK and re-launch the game.

I have tried changing resolution of the game to my native resolution and have tried playing the game on all possible lower setting but I don’t see any improvement.
    I have tried out the other trick mentioned above but it did not helped. I can play the game on my laptop without any issues. God knows what’s wrong with my system for this game. Let me know if there are any other options left out for me. I don’t like playing it on my laptop as it has a small screen, I really want to get it working on my systems 29 inch monitor, any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Crashing issue mostly occur when there is something wrong with system graphic card or its driver. Since you have mentioned that you have tried out installing latest driver and you don’t have any issue in playing other games, I want you to post your system specification so that I can have better idea of the issue you are going through. Also post the application error that you are getting.