Thread: Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 is not getting installed

Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 is not getting installed

I had preordered Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 and I have installed it just after the release. However I haven’t installed it, whenever I am clicking on install I am getting an error related to Direct3D11. It says “Direct3D11 is not installed, but is available for this version” but as far as I am aware Windows 7 has Direct3D11 pre installed. I don’t know why I am getting that error message.

Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 is not getting installed

Same here, I didn’t know I would run in to such issue. I don’t know what to do, I can’t just past this error. I feel that there was no point in preordering Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 as some of my school friends have purchased it yesterday and they did not have any issue in installing it. They have cleared up some levels by now and I am just stuck up with the installation part.
    I have been looking after a fix for this issue and I haven’t found a fix for it yet. Please let me know if anyone can help me out???

I want to know if you are running Origin in compatibility mode, if yes then right click on Origin icon on your desktop, click on Properties, click on Compatibility tab and make sure that compatibility mode option is not checked.
    You should also make sure that you are running the game installer as admin, just check out these things and let me know your findings.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Why would I run Origin in compatibility mode??? I am running the installer as admin but that’s not making any difference. I have tried installing old graphic card driver as well, to test if that makes any difference but no avail. I never had any such issue in installing games like prototype, battlefield and nfs series God knows what’s with 2012 version. I am simply running out of ideas now. let me know if there is anything else that I might try to get this game running.

Try this:

• Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed(TM) Most Wanted\D3D11Installer, right click on the installer, click on compatibility tab click "Change settings for all users" button.
    • Now Select "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and check mark Windows Vista (Service Pack 2). Also under Privilege Level check mark "Run this program as an administrator".
    • Once you are done with all of the above changes click on "OK" click on "Apply", close properties window, restart origin and try reinstalling Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012.

Let me know if issue continues, I have found a number of people mentioning this trick as working, I think it should work for you both as well.

I have found that D3D11InstallHelper gets executed on Windows 7 but it is not supported by it you can either get it working with the above workaround or can deploy the Direct3D 11 components on a system if necessary.
    Deploying Direct3D 11 components can be a difficult task but you can refer below article for the same.
    Direct3D 11 Deployments for Game Developers
    the longest journey begins with a single step