Thread: Worms Revolution wont start

Worms Revolution wont start

I have installed Worms Revolution in my pc but it won’t start, when I launch the game it says starting but it doesn’t start. I have tried launching the game several times but I am getting same response from it. I have tried rebooting my system as well but no avail. Is there anything that I can try out to run the game???

Re: Worms Revolution wont start

First make sure that your system meets requirement of this game. If that’s not an issue than try updating your graphic card driver first and re-launch the game. You should install recommended windows update for your system as well. Just check out these things first and post back your findings.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

My system is quite capable of running Worms Revolution and I have installed it after checking its requirement. I have installed latest graphic card drivers and my system is up to date according to windows update. There’s something else that is causing this issue but I am not able to make out exactly what. I have verified the game files via steam and it had not reported any corruption. Let me know if there are others thing that I need to check out. My friend has installed Worms Revolution along with me and he doesn’t have any such issue. He has completed many levels by now and I am still stuck upon running the game.

I want to know if you are getting any error message while launching the game? If yes, than post it in your next reply so that I can have better idea of the issue you might be going through. I also wanted to know if you are having similar issue with any other game??
    Hope you have made clean installation of latest driver for your graphic card. If you are not sure about it then you can use driver sweeper for uninstalling current driver and install latest driver for it later.

No I am not getting any error and I don’t have any issue in running other latest games. I always do a clean installation of drivers, before running the game I had uninstalled old drivers and have installed the latest ones. I had restarted my system after uninstalling and installing the driver as well. I don’t think it’s a driver issue, just to be at the safer side I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but I don’t see any improvement. The game still says starting and doesn’t go ahead.
    What else might cause this issue???

My system is quite capable of running Worms Revolution and I have installed it after checking its requirement. I have installed latest graphic card drivers and my system is up to date according to windows update. There’s something else that is causing this issue but I am not able to make out exactly what. I have verified the game files via steam and it had not reported any corruption. Let me know if there are others thing that I need to check out. My friend has installed Worms Revolution along with me and he doesn’t have any such issue. He has completed many levels by now and I am still stuck running the game.
    Your every word defines my existence, world and self.

Which operating system you are running in your system?? Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode?? If you are not able to get the game running by trying out above workaround than you can try running it in compatibility mode.

In order to run a game in compatibility mode you just have to right click on game exe , select properties, click on compatibility tab, check mark “Run this game in compatibility mode” and select windows vista sp3 or other compatibility mode in the drop box below. Just make sure that you are saving the changes before close the property window and re launch the game.

On what resolution you are running the game?? Have you tried running the game on lower resolution?? If you haven’t than you can give that a try as well. In my case I had same issue with counter strike GO and I had to lower the resolution of my monitor for running the game. Even though I don’t have any issue in running other game on higher resolution i was forced to run it on lower resolution.

I have tried running the game as standalone program and have disabled other non Microsoft services including my antivirus but no luck
    My system runs windows 7, anyways I want to know why should I run the game in some compatibility mode or lower resolution? I mean my system is quite capable for running the game in normal mode and on higher resolution. My friend is running the game ion windows 7 without selecting any compatibility mode and higher resolution too, if he is not having any issue in running the game like than why am i???