Thread: Dota 2 black Screen

Dota 2 black Screen

I have installed Dota 2 in my system and I am just getting a black Screen after launching the game. I don’t know what’s causing that, I dint had any issue in installing the game. I am not getting any error, I can hear music in background and I can hear icon sounds while I move my mouse. I have never faced this kind of issue with any game. Has anyone else faced this issue or can help me out fixing this???

Re: Dota 2 black Screen

Appears like a driver issue to me, I want to know if you have installed latest driver for your graphic card?? If not than install it now and if yes than make a clean installation of it. You can use uninstaller like driver sweeper for uninstalling current driver. Just try out things I have suggested and post back the response you get for further help.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Well I have tried those things already, I had installed latest driver for my graphic card before installing the game. Anyways after your suggestion I have made clean installation of the driver just now and I don’t see any difference. Is there anything I can try out further?? I need to get this game working as soon as possible. Any help regarding this will be appreciative.

Try verifying integrity of game files and see if steam reports any corruption. If it doesn’t than you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I also wanted to know if you have tried running the game in compatibility mode?? If you haven’t, then you can try running it with compatibility mode option as well, best of luck.

I have verified integrity of game files and steam dint reported any corruption. I had tried running the game in compatibility mode with all options that I came across in drop down box but no luck yet. I have now tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game as well but I am not able to get this game running.

What should I do now???

I haven’t ran this game yet but while checking out for your issue I came across one who was running in to same issue a week ago. He had posted back saying “adding –novid into the command line” had fixed the issue for me.
    I am not sure if it will actually work or not but you should give it a try once, let me know if it makes any difference in your case.

Try this:
    Right click on your DotA 2 in Steam > Select Properties > Set Launch Options and enter the below line:
    -windowed -w 1920 -h 1080 -noborder –novid
    Note – 1920 and 1080 with your actual resolution
    This trick has worked out for many including me. This should surely help you out.