Thread: Borderlands 2 crashing on start up

Borderlands 2 crashing on start up

I have installed Borderlands 2 a week ago and it was running quite smoothly. I had played it last might without any issues, surprisingly this morning when I tried launching the game it crashed on start up. I have tried starting it quite a number of times but it does the same thing again and again, I am not able to make out what’s wrong. Any idea, what might be causing it to crash like this??

Re: Borderlands 2 crashing on start up

Since it was running fine I don’t think that there might be a driver issue but to eliminate possible cause of this issue, I will suggest you to uninstall and reinstall your graphic card driver. Better make clean installation of latest driver again, you can use some uninstalled like driver sweeper for removing your current driver completely and install latest one after that.

Verify integrity of the game cache, if you come across any corrupted files than you will have to redownload and reinstall the game.

I am quite sure that this issue is not because of graphic card driver, I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, that’s not making any difference in my case. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game as well and haven’t got any luck so far. I haven’t made any changes in my system this week as well, I am really clue less, is there anything else that I need to check???? Further help regarding this issue will be appreciated.

I have verified integrity of game cache and it reported some corrupted files.

Things are getting worse now……..
    Just now I have redownloaded and have reinstalled the game but while verifying integrity of the game cache, it again reported some corrupted files.

What should I do now? I am just running out of ideas.

I am not sure but I think that your system has got affected my some virus. Just run a through scan using your antivirus or recommended antivirus like avg, avast etc and see if it reports any malware or virus. If yes than remove them or move them to vault and reinstall the game.

First uninstall Steam completely from your system
    Than uninstall Borderlands 2 completely from your system (Make sure that there are no leftover files of Borderlands 2 in your system)
    Uninstall and reinstall your graphic card driver (You can use driver sweeper for uninstalling the driver just like DougWison has mentioned)
    Once you are done with all of the above steps, reboot your system, reinstall steam and reinstall Borderlands 2.

Let me know of you find this trick helpful.