Thread: Dishonored crashing to desktop at Golden cat mission

Dishonored crashing to desktop at Golden cat mission

As mentioned in the title itself, Dishonored Is crashing to desktop at Golden cat mission. I mean when I move form top floor Dr. Galvani's Office it crashes. Hs anyone else encountered this thing? If yes than what can I do to get the game working. Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

re: Dishonored crashing to desktop at Golden cat mission

No idea, I haven’t faced any issue as such and Dishonored is running quite smoothly in my case. I want to know if you have verified integrity of the game cache?? If not, than verify it first and see if that’s making any difference. If it doesn’t than you might have to try uninstalling and reinstalling windows.

Re: Dishonored crashing to desktop at Golden cat mission

I thought I was the only one facing this issue, anyways by now I have come across quite a few people facing exactly the same issue. Game crashes as soon as I move form Galvani office, I have tried verifying integrity of the game cache and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game itself. I am really not able to track out cause of this issue and this crash is getting in to nerves now. I have been looking after a fix for this issue in other forums as well but I haven’t come across single effective solution to try out.

Are you getting any error message when crash occurs?? If yes then post it in your next reply so that I can have better idea of issue you are going through. I have heard of Dishonored crashing while launching the game but I have not yet heard of it crashing between a specific scenes. I don’t know if updating the graphic card driver might make any difference or not but you can surely give it a try. If you have already updated it, than try uninstalling and reinstalling its driver. I also wanted to know if you had faced such sudden crash earlier while playing Dishonored or it is just occurring at the particular scene that you have mentioned.

My graphic card driver is already updated and after your suggestion I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver but no avail. I had not faced any crash earlier and it is occurring when I am trying to exit Dr. Galvani's Office. I have tried playing the game on lower setting and even that did not made any difference.