Thread: Dishonored has stopped working

Dishonored has stopped working

I have installed Dishonored in my system running windows 7. I did not had any issue in installing it but after starting the game when it crashes at "Press any key" screen and gives and error message saying "Dishonored has stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution to the problem.." Is there anyone here who has faced the same error or has any idea about it??? I just need to get rid of this error and get this game running. I really can’t wait to play it.

Re: Dishonored has stopped working

First post your system specification so that I can have better idea of the issue you are going through. I also wanted to know if you have updated your video card drivers. If not, than update them first and make sure that you are installing the latest ones.

I have already updated my graphic card drivers and have installed all recommended windows update and even after that I am running in to such issues. I don’t think there is anything wrong with my system. I haven’t faced any such issue with other games by now. This is the very first time I have encountered this error.
    • intel core i7-2670QM CPU
    • 8gb Ram
    • Geforce GTX 480

Same here, I have installed Dishonored last night and it keeps on crashing at "Press any key" screen with same error.

I dint even got a chance to play it for few minutes, I have been looking after a fix for this but I haven’t come across any effective solution. Did you found any??? I had tried installing latest driver for my graphic card last night but that did not make any difference. I am just not able to make out the cause of this error and I am running out of ideas by now. So any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Did any one of you tried running the game in compatibility mode??? I am not sure if that might help or not but you both can surely give it a shot. In order to run the game in compatibility mode you have to right click on game exe, select properties, click on compatibility tab, Check “Run this game in compatibility mode” option and select one of the modes from below drop down box. I will suggest you to select windows vista but you can check out others as well.