Thread: System restarts when I try to play "Saints Row: The Third"

System restarts when I try to play "Saints Row: The Third"

Something’s wrong going on with my system, I don’t know what. I have installed "Saints Row: The Third" and when I am trying to run the game, I am asked for running the game in DirectX 10 and 11 or play in DirectX9 and as soon as i pass that I get a black screen after which my system restarts. I have tried playing the game with all three Directx options and have got same response. Is there anything I can do about it????

Re: System restarts when I try to play "Saints Row: The Third"

Have you tried updating your system graphic card??? If not, than update it first and check out if you are able to run the game without any issues further. If you encounter same issue than just let me know your system configuration so that I can have better idea of your case.

I have already tried updating the graphic card driver and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling latest driver for it a couple of times but no luck. I haven’t faced any such issue with other game, it seems to be an issue with "Saints Row: The Third" only. I have verified game cache and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game itself. I have tried out all possible fixes from my side but they are just not making any difference in my case. Is there anything that I need to check out further? Is there anything that I can try out to get this game working?? Further help regarding this will be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

I want to know if you are getting any error before your system restarts. If yes than make a note of it and post it back in your next post? What about your system configuration???

My system is capable of running the game. I don’t think there is anything wrong with it.
    • Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    • AMD FX(tm)- 6100
    • AMD Radeon HD 6850
    • 8 GB ram
    • Windows 7
    • Currently my system is having DirectX 11 installed.

You might have checked "restart on critical failure", that’s the reason your system is restarting. In order to get rid of that you can disable “automatic restart” . Just go to system > advanced settings > advanced > start up and recovery > settings and uncheck "restart on critical failure". I am not sure but I think there’s some service or program running in the background stopping the game from getting launched. For testing purpose just make sure that there is no unknown or non-required program or services running in background while you are launching the game. You should also disable your antivirus and other security program for that while. Just try out what Ive suggested and let me know if you are getting any help.

Have you updated your bios??? While checking out for your issue, I have come across several people who were in same situation previously. Most of them have mentioned that they were able to sort it out by simply updating the board bios. I am not sure but you can definitely give it a shot, just make sure that you are flashing latest bios. You can download latest bios for your board form Gigabyte official site, best of luck.