Thread: Counter strike Global offensive keeps on freezing

Counter strike Global offensive keeps on freezing

I have installed Counter strike Global offensive last night, I did not had any issue in installing it but it’s quite unplayable. It keeps on freezing after 10 to 15 minutes and I have to kill its process from task manager. My system is quite capable of playing latest game and I haven’t faced any issue with other games. I have tried installing latest driver for my gtx 260 but that’s not making any difference. Can anyone help me out with it???

Re: Counter strike Global offensive keeps on freezing

Since you have already tried installing latest graphic card driver for your video card, I will suggest you to try running the game on lower settings and check out if that’s making any difference. If you are running any other non-required application of service in background than disable them and run the game as single process. There are possibilities that some service or application might be interfering with the gamer causing it to freeze.

Have you tried verifying Integrity of the Game Cache? If not than give that a try:
    • Close the game, open Steam, right click Counter strike Global offensive and select Properties
    • Now go to Local Files tab and click on “Verify Integrity of Game Cache”

I have tried running the game on every possible setting but I am getting same response from it. Verify Integrity of Game Cache” was the very first thing I had tried. Other than that I have tried running the game individually making sure that there are no other application and service running in background. I had disabled antivirus for that while as well but no avail, game simply freezes after 10 to 15 minutes. What should I try further???

I am not sure but I think there might be virus in your system, In that case run a thorough scan using recommended anti-viruses like malwarebyte , Microsoft security essential and check out if game runs fine after that. If not than a better idea will be uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Just make sure that you are making clean installation of the game next time, you might have to delete left over of files related to counter strike Global offensive from your system completely before reinstalling it.

Have you inspected your system for overheating??? I guess your game is getting frozen because of gpu overheating. Just check out if that’s the case, you can try running the game with cpu case open or check out the temperature when game gets freeze. If there would have been a virus in your system than the game should have started freezing form beginning and not after 15 minutes. If at all there might be something wrong with game than uninstalling and reinstalling should help you out. If you still don’t get lucky than post back your complete system specification for further help.

I have fixed the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling game, there were no virus in my system and no instance of overheating. I still don’t know what was causing that issue but I am happy I have fixed it out somehow, hope it won’t occur again.