Thread: Low fps while playing Borderlands 2

Low fps while playing Borderlands 2

My system specification:
    • i7 980 @ 4.67ghz
    • Asus M4n82 Deluxe Mobo
    • 4GB DDR2 800Mhz
    • Asus P6X58D-E
    • Thermaltake 775W

I have installed Borderlands 2 and I am getting Low fps while playing it, what might be the cause of this issue?? I have updated my graphic card driver to latest but no luck.

Re: Low fps while playing Borderlands 2

I have been facing same issue with my system having intel i5 with XFX 6970, I don’t get low fps throughout the game but it appears in some areas. Most of the times fps stays between 70 to 80 but suddenly it gets dropped to 20 to 25. It has started happening quite frequently these days and I am not able to make out what exactly is causing it, it seems as if CPU is bottlenecking. I never had any issue in running other latest game, this issue is just with Borderlands 2 and I am just running out of ideas by now. Let me know if there is any workaround to deal with this.

Same here fps drops up to 20 and jumps up to 70 randomly, My system is up to date and is quite capable of running such games.
    • AMD 1100T 6core O.C'd to 4.0GHz
    • Patriot Gamer 2 Series 16GB 1600MHz DDR3
    • Sabertooth 990FX
    • Crossfired XFX 6870 1GB BE Double D
    • Ultra LSP-650W PSU

I have tried playing game at lower setting with vsync off, xfire no dice disabled but I haven’t got any help so far.

While looking out a fix for this framerate issue I came across a trick, not sure if it will work as I haven’t tried it out myself. Just Go to Documents > My Games > Borderlands 2 > WillowGame > Config, Open willowengine.ini in notepad, check out for DynamicShadows under SystemSettings and change its value to false. I have found some people mentioning this trick to be working, so even you can give it a try.

Did anyone of you try overclocking your system??? If not than give it a shot and check out if you get better fps. I can’t think of anything else that might help as I see most of the possible solution mentioned here. Some people have mentioned simply uninstalling and reinstalling the game that has ended this framerate issue in their case. If possible try that first, if that doesn’t help than you can try to overclock your CPU and gpu. Just be careful while doing that, if you haven’t tried overclocking before than you can refer to some guides to get some better idea about it.

I have tried changing DynamicShadows value to false but doing that was of no use. I still get same response from the game, I don’t want to try out overclocking, I mean why should I?? Isn’t my system capable of running this game with default settings? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game couple of times with no luck.