Thread: I Am Alive Game Patch

I Am Alive Game Patch

I am playing I Am Alive on my PC and I think that it is a good game. But still this game needs to have some finesse in it. I have played this game on Xbox 360 and on Playstation 3. I think that developers have just ported the game as on the console on the PC. Unlike other ported game, there is not much improvement or any advancement in this game. Does anybody else to feel the same way? What should the patch include in new game that will enhance the gaming experience?

Re: I Am Alive Game Patch

The first thing that I will suggest the developers to improve in this game is to reduce the film grains that appear in whole game. It appears like I am playing this game on an old broken Television set with all the static on the screen. At first this film grain looks cool as it gives us the feeling of being in a movie, but as we get habituated to it, it starts to become irritating. I hope the developers give us an option to reduce or to completely remove the film grains from this game. I think that this option will be really helpful and many other people also want to happen this thing.

I think that the graphics of I am Alive are very low according to the standards of the PC game. I mean, usually we have seen that games that are ported to PC from console have much better graphics. This is because that one gets a good flexibility in modifying the hardware of PC while the hardware of Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 are limited to a specific level. But this possibility hasn’t been explored in this game by the developers. I think that some good texture pack should be given which will convert the overall textures of this game in to high definition. Many of the textures look flat, but because most of the game is played in grayscale, these flat textures don’t come into notice.

I too think that there should be some development in the textures in the game. If you take a look in the starting of the game where the camera moves towards the main character, there are some two trucks. On the first truck’s tire, you can clearly see how flat the textures are. The rim of the truck is just a flat texture and not modeled like it has to be. This needs improvement and it will give the real effect of apocalyptic world. The grayscale view of the game is what helps the developers to hide these flat textures in the game, but as we proceed, we start noticing the faults.

This game doesn’t have feature to adjust to the AZERTY keyboards that are used in some part of Europe, for example Belgium. I use AZERTY keyboard and I think that game should have designed by keeping the existence of these keyboards in mind. This is not a big issue as I have adjusted the key configuration according to my keyboard, but if it was designed from before, it would have saved a lot of trouble for me. Also my friend who uses Xbox 360 wireless controller to play this game, he reported that it didn’t work with it. But I think that this issue has been resolved after reading this post.

I am unhappy with the performance of I am Alive on my PC. The framerate are not consistent and there are many other problems due to which the performance of the game keeps getting disturbed. There will be sudden lags in the game or maybe sometimes high loading times and so on. I think these problems regarding the performance of this game should also be taken care of. These inconsistencies have been ruining my game experience for a long time now. I hope the developers improve the performance of the game.

The grayscale theme for this game is awesome. It actually shows us like we are watching the events using a camera. But if you see it properly, then there is complete overdose of white color in it. I know we can reduce this while color in the game by changing the value of gamma or brightness. But I am not much into this video and color things. So it would be great if the developers launch a patch that will manage the white color in this game and bring it down to normal levels. Also I am Alive doesn’t allow us to assign the extra keys on the mouse, hope the patch includes this feature too.

The features and the possibilities that people are talking about that a patch should include for I am Alive PC game are somewhat impractical. I mean the game is completely developed and it is released. At this time it would be difficult for the developers to introduce new textures. Introducing new textures means the patch will go in size of GBs. Again installing such a large patch is another big task. With so many gamers it will be a lot of work for the developers to match the working of gameplay. Yes, the patch can include minor changes like addition of extra mouse keys or reduction of white color in game and so on. But changing something as advanced as film grain and texture is big thing and impractical.