Thread: Save point in I Am Alive game

Save point in I Am Alive game

I have been I Am Alive for around two days now and I realize that this game is very big in time duration. Its fine and I don’t have problem against it, but I think that there are very less save game points. According to me developers should add more save game points in this game to make it more users friendly. It seems like the mission is going on and on without any pause. If you quit it and play again, you need to play the game, it starts from the very beginning which takes out the most of the fun of the game. What do other people think about it?

Re: Save point in I Am Alive game

I too agree with your opinion and I too think that I Am Alive needed more checkpoints where the game would save. The huge distance between the two checkpoints becomes irritating when we have to quit the game and the mission or activity which we have undertaken is almost at its end. Let me tell what actually happened with me, I was on a mission where I needed to get fuel for the elevator. I played this mission for around one hour. I searched for the fuel, then brought it, then again collected the crates and before climbing in the elevator. But then I had to quit the game for some reason. When I came back to the game, I had to start the whole mission from the start. This was so irritating, had to spend another forty five minutes to complete the mission.

I loved how the old games had the saving system where we were able to save the game almost anywhere. All we had to do was to go in the game menu and save the game on desired location. Also we would be able to assign quick save and quick load buttons. I remember playing those games with me in some difficult level. I would go on saving the game after defeating each and every enemy. I hope such saving system is brought back in the games. I really miss this system. Many times it would also happen that I am on the least health in the game and I would mistakenly press the quick save button. This would get so irritating.

Since I am Alive is a open world game. Though not completely, but at many points it is an open world game. So I think that for such games which have open worlds, the saving system should be like in Grand Theft Auto series. We have specific safe houses or selected locations where we can save the game. This type of system was also implemented in FarCry 2. I think this is what was required in I am Alive game. The saving system could have been like FarCry 2 where we go in the house and set a time till which the character rests. This is how the game would save. Once could even save the game while in a mission. All we had to do was to shake away the enemies following us or attacking us.

I agree with 'Shae' on his opinion on game saving system like in FarCry 2. As compared to Facr Cry 2; it was one of the best saving systems. Also to add logic to it, we had to set timer on our wrist watch which would ring as alarm when our character woke up. But during the mission, if we save the game with timer more than half an hour or so, the target would just go away. I think that this was one of the best saving system available in game.

Talking about the save game pattern in I am Alive, I too think that it was bad to have the checkpoints at long distances. Developers could have inserted save game points at various points. Like "Halle" has mentioned that she had to go through the big mission, I think if there could have been checkpoints at various points. For example, the point where she found the fuel could have been a checkpoint, then when she got back to elevator could have been a checkpoint. This would have been much better for players and also would have saved a lot of time. I hope developers have understood the problem that players are facing and they might take some step to resolve this issue.

Actually it’s sad to see that good game like I am Alive has some minor designing issue that has got the gamers unhappy. But I don’t think that huge gap between two save points is a great deal. It must not be stopping the game or giving some error that we need to make an issue out of it. Also now that the game is completed and released, it would be difficult for the developers to add more save game points in this game. At this point, the developers cannot make such major changes to the game. So we have to play the game with what we have and stop complaining. Adding save game points cannot be done by just adding some patch or upgrade. So we can’t expect anything from developers regarding this issue at this time.