Thread: General Protection Fault error with I Am Alive

General Protection Fault error with I Am Alive

I just brought I Am Alive for my PC and installed it in my computer. I have Windows 7 installed in my computer and I have a RAM of memory space 4 GB. The graphic card I use in my computer is Sapphire ATI Radeon 5770. The hardware satisfies the requirement of the game as mentioned on the pack. I don’t know why, but I am getting a serious error on my screen. I have posted the screenshot of the error. It is so big that it makes me scared. I hope someone knows what this error is.

Re: General Protection Fault error with I Am Alive

My first guess in this case is that you must not have installed the game from the administrator’s account. But if this was done, the setup of the game would have never let you install the game in the first place. Are you sure that you are trying to run the game from administrator’s account and not from some guest account? It seems that the game’s execution file is not having enough privileges to find the required files because of the restrictions laid down by the administrator of your computer. You can try playing the game from administrator’s account and I think that it will work properly.

The hardware that you have mentioned in your question is proper for running I am Alive game on the PC. So I think you can leave the thought that this issue is related to hardware in anyway. I too think that this is the matter of permissions that is causing the problems. If you are sure that you are running the game from the administrator’s account then check the settings of the anti-virus or spyware that you are using in your computer. Maybe it must have mistaken the game’s system files for some virus or malicious content and thus you are seeing these error messages. Set the settings of the anti-virus to moderate if you have set them to strict.

You can try sending this issue to the developers. You can send this same screenshot and your problem. The developers will look into this issue and suggest you the best solution to this problem. Also if there is any issue of incompatibility or bug in this game, it will be best sorted out by the developers.