Thread: Guild Wars 2 is crashing continuously

Guild Wars 2 is crashing continuously

I have downloaded and installed Guild Wars 2 recently and even after having a system above this game requirement, it is crashing badly. I am not able to make out the cause of this issue, sometimes it loads well and then crashes whereas sometimes it just crashes while launching. I haven’t played the game for 5 minutes by now because of the frequent crash. I wanted to know if there is anything that I can try out to get this game working.
    System specification:
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz
    8 gb ram
    amd radeon hd 5870 1gb ram
    Windows 7 64-bit

Re: Guild Wars 2 is crashing continuously

Game crashes mostly when system is not up to date, I wanted to know if you have installed latest graphic drive for your graphic crad? If not then install it first and then try running the game and see if that’s making any difference. Just make sure that you are installing latest one from its official site and you are making a clean installation of the driver. Other than this you should also install all recommended updates to have your system up to date. Just try out what I’ve suggested and let me know if game starts running fine after that, best of luck.

My system is already up to date, I’ve installed all recommended updates for my system. I have installed latest driver for my graphics card as well but I am not getting any help from that and the game is still crashing badly. Other than this Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling graphic driver and the game itself a couple of times but no avail. By now I’ve tried playing the game with all possible setting that I could have but this game is just not working out for me. Let me know if there is anything else that I need to check out. Me and my friends had bought the game on the same day and they have already started playing it, I am feeling so unlucky. I just want to get this game working as soon as possible and enjoy it like my friends, please help!!

You seem to have tried out possible workaround for game crash, I don’t know why is it not making difference in your case. Anyways if you want then you can try playing the game in compatibility mode, you won’t get desired resolution but you can play Guild Wars 2 without crash. In order to run the game in compatibility mode just right click on .exe of the game, select properties, select compatibility tab, now under compatibility tab there will be a drop down box with some compatibility mode options. You can test all of them individually, save the changes and try running the game after that. I am not sure if this will work out for you but you can definitely give it a try in such condition.

So now I have tried running the game in all compatibility mode, only windows xp one worked out for me but I am really getting bad graphic with that. I can’t continue playing the game with this mode, I mean why should I play the game in compatibility mode at all? According to game system requirement I should not have any issue as such. God knows what’s going wrong. I have tried playing the game with lower setting and changing other possible setting as well, don’t know what the hell is causing it to crash again and again.

I wanted to know if you are running any other application while running the game in background. If yes then there are possibilities of them to be interfering with the game and leading it to crash. If possible then try running the game alone, closing all other application including your security program and check out if that’s making any difference in your case. If you don’t get any help form that then you can right click on game exe and change this path "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe" to "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe" –repair. Some people have mentioned that this repair trick has helped them out in similar condition so even you can give that a try, post back if your issue gets solved.