Thread: How to secure our account in Guild Wars 2?

How to secure our account in Guild Wars 2?

I have been playing Guild Wars 2 for a long time now and I am on level 31. I am currently completing the main story of this game and I have earned lots of gold and other stuff in it. I am paranoid that my account will get hacked for all the items that I have stuffed in it. Maybe someone wants them and so they’ll hack into my account and take away everything. Can someone tell me how should I secure my account in Guild Wars 2?

Re: How to secure our account in Guild Wars 2?

Have you been watching Big Bang Theory too much lately, like why in the whole world would anybody want to hack your Guild Wars 2 account. The hackers are not some pickpockets who will just pick on random strangers and take away their in game stuff. Hackers usually target people who have achieved a lot of level and items in the game. Level 31 in Guild Wars 2 is nothing. I have seen many players with level as high as 70. If you are at such a high level, then you might need to worry about your game as it might attract many hackers towards you.
    One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.

I have been playing MMO games from long time and in rare cases I have heard of accounts getting hacked and the hacker stealing away the inventory items and in game currency. People who get hacked actually are the people who use credit cards to buy in game items and other stuff. These accounts are hacked because hackers want to get the information about the credit card that the account holds. I think hackers are more serious to get real money than in game money. So if you have been making in game transactions with use of credit card, then you will need to worry about your Guild Wars 2 account.

Most of the time a person compromises his own password by himself. Avoid playing Guild Wars 2 from public computers as some public computers are connected to servers which save data of incoming and outgoing details. So it might happen that your password gets on the server which might be later on misused. Also on public PCs, there are many people around. If any of the person peeps into your keyboard and tracks down what you are typing, then you account might get compromised. Also there might be key loggers in public computers that might record your key strokes.

You have to be sure that you are locking the computer properly even at home when going away from it. Also see to it that you have checked away the options like remember me or remember my password. Usually, such options give easy unauthorized access to the accounts of the users. One thing I’d like to say is that hacking an account of games like Guild Wars 2 is not a child’s play. Developers must have applied many firewalls and security measures to avoid user accounts from getting hacked. So you can remain calm and take precautions for yourselves.