Thread: Guild Wars 2 First Impressions

Guild Wars 2 First Impressions

I had played Guild Wars long time back and I had liked that game. I am excited that sequel to that game has been released. I am having exams right now, but when I finish them, Guild Wars 2 will be the first game that I will play. Before I start playing it, can someone tell me how it is? It would be great to know what people feel about this game in advance.

Re: Guild Wars 2 First Impressions

I have been playing MMO kind of games for many years now and I have played the best of the MMO games like Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft and Eve Online. These games were epic and if I compare Guild Wars 2 with these games, then it is not worth it. But keeping the biased view aside, I think that this game is much better than the previous version, which is Guild Wars. Guild Wars 2 starts good and raises the excitement level. But this excitement fails to live for a long time. I got bored with this game after playing for three hours. This game is recommended to you only if you haven’t played any MMO game before.

I think that Guild Wars 2 is a great game and the developers of this game have taken effort to make the game playable for a long amount of time. There are so many side quests and activities that you will find them more interesting than main storyline. But since we need to unlock various items that can be only unlocked by playing the story line, we need to play it. Let me tell you my experience with the game. I started Guild Wars 2 and completed the initial part of the story line. Then I proceeded to explore the other parts of the in game world. First I came across some crafting items, then I had to go in some woods to find some ingredient for crafting the items in this game. During this time, I came across a huge fight which made the whole search more interesting. I think this is one of the coolest MMO that has released this year.

I find Guild Wars 2 less interesting as compared to Guild Wars. The story and the gameplay of Guild Wars were designed such that we had to explore the various aspects of a situation or explore the possibilities that have made the situation arise. So we were given the slightest idea of what is happening and were asked to explore everything for ourselves. But now in Guild Wars 2, this whole thing has been taken out and new type of gameplay has been set up. We have already told most of the part of our mission and story and we have to just go and complete the objective at given price. There is least exploration part in Guild Wars 2. The missions and the story is very straight forward.

Guild Wars 2 is a nice game and you will surely like it if you are a fan of MMO type of games. If you are type of gamer who likes to have maximum powers, weapons and skills at disposal, then I suggest you to not play this game right now. Since the game has been launched recently, many high level items in the trading post have not made yet available for purchase. I don’t know why the developers are doing this, but at present there are no large amount of crafting items, weapons and other items for sale. I don’t know when these high level items will be unlocked, but I will collect enough gold so that when they are unlocked, I can buy many items at a time.

I don’t know why the developers are doing this, but at present there are no large amount of crafting items, weapons and other items for sale. I don’t know when these high level items will be unlocked, but I will collect enough gold so that when they are unlocked, I can buy many items at a time.
    In MMO games like Guild Wars 2, thousands of people from all over the world come together to play. Many of these people spend too much time playing these games. So such people usually collect enough resources that they are able to easily buy high level items. Also with high amount of time they spend playing this game, it is obvious that they level up and collect resources quicker than others. The problem happens when gamers who play MMO games occasionally, don’t level up as fast as them. Thus an imbalance is created with many players having good weapons and other items while some having least of these items. To reduce this gap, developers of Guild Wars 2 will keep high level items locked for few days to give majority of people opportunity to get resources enough to get them.

Guild Wars 2 is built such that it will give you a feel of being an adventurer. Just last night, I went exploring the in game world and found seas. I swam under the sea along with a whale like fish, then had a big fight with a boss level enemy. The fights are designed such that the game gives you chance to rise even when you are losing. All you have to do is to look out for a perfect opportunity. I was fighting with a boss and I just had some 20% of my health remaining. I defeated the boss with just 20% of my health remaining. This type of victory is least seen in any game and this is what I felt exciting about this game.

The best part that I liked in Guild Wars 2 is that of the way story is created in this game. Most of the side characters which are controlled by AI have some background story to them. Even the towns and the places in the game have their own story. We have to help the in game AI characters to get more information and reveal more of their stories to us. We have to explore the regions, gather resources and crafting items, fight with the enemy to get the more of the story from the other characters. I think this part is well designed in this game. The best thing about this game is how the character grows with increase in level and flow of the story. I appreciate the developers of Guild Wars 2 for it.

Guild Wars 2 is nicely made game and I love it. But one thing that has concerned me is the quick leveling up that is designed in this game. At present if you start playing, I can tell you that just by playing the story, you can get up to level 10 in two to three hours. Also when between a large fight, I can usually see two to three players leveling up in every thirty seconds. If players are leveling up at such a fast rate, I don’t think that it will be long when people will have no level to go up and they will get bored soon. I don’t know what the developers have planned for this game, but I think that people won’t take more than three to four months before they will explore maximum part of the game. I think developers must increase the XP required to level up.

I have been playing World of Warcraft for 6 years now and I had got so habituated to its graphics that I failed to realize that a game with high end graphics can also be made into a MMO game. The graphics of Guild Wars 2 are awesome and also the artwork done by the artists. Also the game changes dynamically where if I kill some character, the actions of other characters change towards me. Also the actions of the players can change the way in which the events take place n this game.