Thread: Co-op connection modification in Orcs Must Die 2

Co-op connection modification in Orcs Must Die 2

I played the single player campaign of Orcs Must Die 2 and like the game. So I thought of playing the co-op mode of this game to get more fun along with my friend. I started playing the co-op mode of Orcs Must Die 2 along with my friend and I was disappointed to find that when there is some disturbance in the connection of one player, maybe drop in bandwidth or lag in the game causes a 5 second timer to pop up. If the player form whose side it is happening doesn’t get back in time, the game is terminated and we are sent back on the co-op game start menu. Does anyone else too feel that the 5 second timer is very low for Orcs Must Die 2?

Re: Co-op connection modification in Orcs Must Die 2

I too get irritated by this 5 second timer which breaks the connection of the game if the next player doesn’t have lags rectified or proper bandwidth. Usually this problem is seen when one out of two players in the co-op mode doesn’t have internet speed as good as second player. On the faster internet, the game runs smoothly. But when it comes to the person with low speed internet, the game cannot match the framerate and usually lags. This causes the game to terminate the whole session. This becomes irritating when two people playing have huge difference in the bandwidth their internet provides.

I think that the timer for getting the player lag cleared out or the bandwidth fall back on normal to around 20 to 30 seconds. Usually we see that when a pop-up for some update comes up, there is sudden disturbance in the bandwidth of the internet. Also if there is some process running on the computer, which needs high amount of resources suddenly, there are lags in the game. These lags sometimes go away quickly while sometimes it takes time. But even the highest time doesn’t go over 8 to 10 seconds. I think this 5 second duration for getting the lag or low bandwidth problem sorted out is very low.

The worst part about this game termination after 5 seconds of improper connection of a player in Orcs Must Die 2 is that we don’t get to continue the on-going game in single player. It terminates the game for both the players, even the one who is not having problems. Last time when I was playing, I had almost reached the end of level and there was some problem in the connection of my friend. Orcs Must Die 2 actually terminated the game and sends me back on the screen where we have to create a game. I think that the developers should bring out a patch that will let one player continue the game even if the game ends for another player in co-op mode.

The game breaks down when there is any problem in any connection. Maybe developers had some good intention behind it; not doing so would have triggered some bug or some inappropriate action. But I think that when the game breaks down, the score that we have achieved on it should remain intact. I mean, why the score is not counted of the incomplete game. It is not us who broke the game intentionally. If one quits the game by himself, the score shouldn’t be counted. Also if the game breaks down for one player, why does other player has to lose his fun for it. He should get to have the score and points he earned.

I think that the servers on which the co-op games of Orcs Must Die 2 are launched or played must not be powerful enough to handle the lags and other such problems. This is the reason why the game must be getting disconnected when there is slightest of problem from any player. Having to start a co-op game on the server must need good amount of space. I think that to accommodate players from all over the world, server must need to terminate games that have problems in it. But even I think that the 5 second duration must be extended till 15 seconds.