Thread: Behavior of Orcs towards barricade in Orcs Must Die 2

Behavior of Orcs towards barricade in Orcs Must Die 2

I have been playing Orcs Must Die 2 and I have completed certain levels in it. After playing the game, I realized that the traps should have been designed more dynamically. I mean after we put a trap, it is like we can forget about it and leave it there for orcs to get killed. I mean, though orcs are big green skinned monster, they must be having some brains. Once they see a there group mates dying in a trap or barricade, they will either avoid it or try to destroy it. But in this game, the orcs continue to keep coming on the traps and die. I think the AI should be more intelligent. What do other people think about it?

Re: Behavior of Orcs towards barricade in Orcs Must Die 2

I too agree that AI is very dumb in Orcs Must Die 2. I mean, can’t the orcs just destroy the barricades and the traps to get past it without getting their team mates killed. I too didn’t like the dumbness that AI has. The AI should have been made where the orcs would have destroyed the barricades to proceed further. I mean they have heavy weapons like wooden and stone clubs which can easily break the traps. After breaking the traps they can save half the harder and concentrate more on attacking the hero. I think this will make the game tougher to play.

I think that developers should have made the Orcs such that they would be capable of making out an alternative route to the hero. I mean, once we put a barricade or trap in a route, the AI should come from some other way. Maybe go back and find another path or ally to get near the hero. This would have been more intelligent as the hero. This would make the player waste their barricades as the gamer would put up a barricade in a place where the Orcs would realize that there would be no way to reach the hero and avoid the path. This would have been much better than having permanent barricades.

If Orcs Must Die 2 should have different conditions for barricades depending n various difficulty levels. For example, on the first two easiest levels, the orcs won’t destroy the barricades and they would remain where they are. On Normal difficulty mode, the Orcs would find an alternative route to escape from the traps and to avoid the barricades. But on the harder difficulty levels, the orcs will break the barricade or trap and then come out of it. Also the trap breaking should be made possible in normal difficulty, but the orcs will do it fewer times than that in harder difficulty levels.

To make the game more harder and challenging, I think that every trap or barricade should be available in specific number. For example, the hanging maceball can be used only one at a time. If we put a specific trap in certain place and we have it only one in number, then we would need to first remove it to place it somewhere else. The challenging part will be that player will have to manually go in the place where he has place the trap to remove it and then again at the place where he wants to get it placed again. This will make the game more difficult as the challenge will increase. I hope such system is made available in next game in this series.

With the current system for traps available in Orcs Must Die 2, I think that we can easily overpower the orcs. All you have to do is to place barricades such that orcs won’t escape, once done, you can just go on firing at them to kill them. The orcs won’t even destroy the barricades and traps. This becomes easier in the co-op mode where both the players can place numerous traps and barricades in less time. I too agree that developers need to bring some changes in the way AI thinks. Next game should have dynamic AI which will think and make decisions according to the traps that players set.