Thread: Black screen in Orcs Must Die 2 appears randomly

Black screen in Orcs Must Die 2 appears randomly

Don’t know why I am getting black screen randomly while playing Orcs Must Die 2. I can hear background music but nothing is visible, it happens quite a few times. I have updated graphic card driver to the latest but that doesn’t seem to be making any difference. I haven’t faced any such issue with other latest games I have, they all work fine. The Black screen appears for Orcs Must Die, not sure if this is an issue with the game or my system, any ideas what might be causing it?

Re: Black screen in Orcs Must Die 2 appears randomly

Black screen issue is generally because of graphic card , since you have mentioned that you have updated your graphic card driver I will suggest you to run game at lower settings. If that helps then well and good but if that doesn’t then you can try running the game in compatibility mode with V-sync and Anti-aliasing disabled.

Thanks for your help Sunny, I’ve tried running the game at lower setting and I have tried running it in compatibility mode as well but these things are hardly making any difference. I have already turned off V-sync and Anti-aliasing options, other than these things I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game a couple of times but no luck yet far, no matter what I’ve tried so far the issue still exists. My system configuration is above system requirement of this game and I don’t think I should have any such issue while running it. I have come across some threads here related to freezing and lagging issue but my case is a bit different, I will like to know if there’s any solution for getting rid of black screen and get the game working without any issues.

You should have mentioned your system specification in your post for giving us a better idea of your issue, anyways if you are having Nvidia card then you can try following below steps:
    1. First open NVIDIA Control Panel, Select Configure Multi-GPU, Surround, PhysX and Disable multi-GPU mode
    2. Select second option for securing game under PhysX settings so that ame doesn’t take over and forces SLi or multi anyways.
    3. Finally select “Dedicate to PhysX” for fixing the issue.

I am going through same issue:
    • Intel core 2.00 Ghz
    • Ram 4.00 Go
    • Nvidia GeForce 9600MS GS 512Mb
    • Windows 7 64 bit

While looking out for a fix, I’ve gone through some threads where people were getting Black screen at startup but we are getting it while playing the game. I have tried out almost all possible solutions like running game in compatibility mode, installing latest graphic card driver, uninstalling reinstalling game, turning of off V-sync and Anti-aliasing, disabling multi-GPU mode but no luck yet. I had good hopes with Orcs Must Die 2 but now I am regretting for getting it.