Thread: Orcs Must Die 2 takes too much time for loading and lags slightly

Orcs Must Die 2 takes too much time for loading and lags slightly

I have recently started playing Orcs Must Die 2 and its taking too much time for loading and lags slightly. It takes about 5 minute to load the game and then lags while I am navigating through menu or when I am playing the game. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and have updated graphic card driver to the latest as well but the issue still exists. I want to know if there is anything that I can try out for fixing this issue.

Re: Orcs Must Die 2 takes too much time for loading and lags slightly

Let me know your system specification so that I can have better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you with it. Till then if you want then you can try out playing game at lower setting and check out if that’s making any difference in your case. You can also try running the game in windowed mode with v sync off. Check out these things and post back what I have asked for further help.

System specification:
    • Intel Core i5 2500
    • SAPPHIRE HD 5670 1GB
    • 4 gb ram
    • Windows 7 (32 bit)

After your suggestion I have tried playing the game at lower setting, tried playing it within windowed mode with v sync off but nothing is working. It is still taking much time to load and lags while playing the game. The lag is quite irritating, it lags for a couple of minute and until then I am not able to do anything, either I have to wait to get the game working or end its process from task manager and launch the game again. I have tried out all the possible solution that I could have but it seems as if there is something wrong with the game and not my system.

I have come across a number of people reporting different issue with this game, some have mentioned that cpu run 100 percent while playing the game, some have mentioned that it freezes badly and lot more. There wasn’t any response from robot officials on this until yesterday but today I have found one mentioning that they are working on these issues and will come up with a fix soon. So I don’t think there is anything you will be able to try out further until they fix it from their end via a patch. I am not sure but you can try out restarting steam, some have mentioned that restarting steam fixed similar issue in their case, so even you can give that a try.

This is what I’ve found as a fix for Crashes/Freezes/Black Screen in Orcs Must Die 2, you both can give it a try and check out if its helping:
    1. Open NVIDIA Control Panel and select Configure Multi-GPU, Surround, PhysX
    2. Now disable multi-GPU mode and select option for securing the game under PhysX settings so that it doesn’t take over and forces SLi or multi anyways.
    3. After that select “Dedicate to PhysX” for fixing the issue.

Best of luck, let me know if you get any help from this solution.

Orcs Must Die 2 is full of bugs by now, we surely need a patch to fix this issue, below are some more threads addressing this game issues.
    Orcs Must Die 2 game freezes
    100% cpu usage when playing Orcs Must Die 2