Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Orcs Must Die 2 game freezes

Video Games

Old 30-08-2012

Orcs Must Die 2 game freezes

I have downloaded and installed Orcs Must Die 2 some hours ago with high expectation but after launching the game it started freezing badly. It’s almost unplayable, I have to kill game process from task manager as it doesn’t response after getting frozen on certain interval. I have tried updating video card driver but the issue still exists, is there anyone who can help me out with a workaround?
  • AMD phenom II x2 545 Processor 3.00 GHZ
  • Windows 7 64 Bit
  • 4 GB Ram
  • Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX

Old 31-08-2012

Re: Orcs Must Die 2 game freezes

Since you have already tried installing latest graphic card driver, I will suggest you to try out below steps and check out if that helps.
  • Open NVIDIA Control Panel, Select Configure Multi-GPU, Surround, PhysX and Disable multi-GPU mode
  • Now under PhysX settings select the option for securing the game so that it doesn’t forces SLi
  • Once you are dine with these changes you can select “Dedicate to PhysX” for resolving the issue
  • If at all you don’t get any help from above solution then you can try disabling V-sync and Anti-aliasing in options.
Old 31-08-2012

Re: Orcs Must Die 2 game freezes

Simply disable multi-GPU mode and it will help you out, I was going through same issue a day ago with Orcs Must Die 2. While looking after a fix for this I came across some workarounds. Installing latest graphics card driver, uninstalling and reinstalling game, turning off vsync and Anti-aliasing were not making any difference in my case but as soon as I disabled multi-GPU mode, game started running smoothly. I haven’t faced any issue since then, just try it out and let me know the result in your case.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , ,