Thread: 100% cpu usage when playing Orcs Must Die 2

100% cpu usage when playing Orcs Must Die 2

After playing demo version of Orcs Must Die 2 I have bought its full version. I did not had any issue while playing demo version of this game on my system but I don’t know what’s wrong with its full version. Whenever I am trying to play it my cpu usage turns up 100%.
    My system specification:
    Processor - Intel Core2 Duo 3.0GHz
    RAM: 4 GB
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5600
    Is there anything I can try out to get this game running fine?

Re: 100% cpu usage when playing Orcs Must Die 2

I am also facing same high cpu usage while playing Orcs Must Die 2 on my system. It reaches 100 percent after sometimes while running the game. I have made sure that there is no other application running in the background, I was really surprised to see 100% cpu usage? I have been playing a number of games and trust me my system had never touched 100%. There is surely something wrong with the game, I have tried playing the game with lower and possible settings but those things are not making any difference in my case.
    • Intel e8400 CPU
    • Windows 7 64bit
    • 4 GB Ram
    • ATI Radeon 4850

You both can count me in as well, this is what I am having:
    • AMD phenom II x2 545 Processor 3.00 GHZ
    • Windows 7 64 Bit
    • 8 GB Ram
    • ATI Radeon HD 5600

Just like in your cases even my cpu usage hits 100% after running the game for 10 to 15 minutes. I am not able to play the game because of cpu running high the game starts stuttering and lagging. I have been looking out in some other forums where people have reported similar issue but there hasn’t been any solution addressing this matter.

This is minimum system requirement of the game:
    • Processor:2GHz Dual Core
    • Memory:2 GB RAM
    • Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or ATI Radeon x1950 or better with 256MB VRAM
    • DirectX:9.0c

This is my system configuration:
    • Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66 GHz
    • NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 680 MB
    • RAM: 4 GB
    • Windows 7

So according to my specs, I should not face any issue while playing the game right? Then why the hell my cpu usage is turning up to 100%? I have played Orcs Must Die 1 and the demo version of Orcs Must Die 2 on this same machine without any issue. God knows what’s wrong with their final version. I have tried out all possible things like playing game with lower setting, playing it in compatibility mode, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but these things are really not helping me. I think this is because of some kind of bug in the game, we need a patch to fix this up and we need it soon.

Yes this is surely a bug, there are many people who have reported this issue on their official support including me but no officials have responded yet. I don’t know what they are up to, I really feel as if I have wasted my money by getting this game because it’s really unplayable with 100% cpu usage. I really won’t suggest anyone to get this game, Ive already informed my friends who were planning to get it. Orcs Must Die 1 was quite good and it had ran smoothly on my system but Orcs Must Die 2 is just pissing me off. I’ve stopped playing the game for now but I will like to know if there is any update on this bug further.

I just wanted to know if anyone of you has checked out for new patch? I’ve just come across some people who were running in to similar issue and they have mentioned that installing the latest patch from steam have fixed high cpu usage issue in their case. So if you haven’t then check it out and let me know if that’s true. You all should install latest graphic drivers as well, best of luck.