Thread: Dark Souls cant be played with mouse and keyboard on pc

Dark Souls cant be played with mouse and keyboard on pc

Dark Souls is quiet nice game for consoles, but I found that the game is a bit headache for PC edition. I had seen a gameplay trailer on YouTube where the guy was messing around his controls. It is quiet complicated I think. The key binding are not so great.

Somehow this reduce the interest in game if you are willing to play this for longer time. I hope others will also find this a bit annoying.

Re: Dark Souls cant be played with mouse and keyboard on pc

I am playing the same console and found the same bit a better. The game works better on console, it has too much controls but they are yet compiled properly with the gamepad making it a comfortable for gameplay.

It is a nice game. But yet not tested on pc. I was searching for a demo and not able to locate any. It is better if we can find a demo that we can test on pc and then go for the purpose. I tried to locate the same on File Planet but there is nothing mentioned. This site provides tons of free demo of many games and I am a bit shock to find how they are not listed Dark Souls here. Because a demo can help you to test whether it will work in better way or not. The game is nice but yet has some issue with multiplayer connectivity. I am too on console and not found a issue with the controls.

It has number of quick stuff that you need to do instantly which might be a bit complicated on pc. The keyboard and mouse might be possible to bind by editing the game files. This is a common issue with other games also, but they offer a patch to fix the same. We can wait for getting the one. I still hope there will be better dlc coming for the game in future. I found it quiet adventurous in many ways. I tried to find a pc control wiki guide for the game, but many has posted just about the consoles. So it looks it is quiet comfortable with the gamepad only. What is the actual issue you are facing. You can mentioned that in detail to get the right output.

I am sure the issue does not lies with the game. Dark Souls is a fast pace game. In gamepad the controls act on the basis of pre-defined actions while in keyboard mouse you have more options. You can make ample of action on your own choice.

It will be difficult for starters. The game has typical keys which mostly many games has. Like WASD for movement and left control key for walking. The camera can be controlled by keyboard also. The key assigned for that is IJKL which follows up-left-down-right format. O is the key to lock a target. It is easier to move when you lock the target as the character move accordingly. For switching your weapons you can try the following combination RFVC. They offer you the equipment in following format magic-item-rightweapon- leftweapon. And if you are not using your mouse you can use the keyboard for attack.

The default key set for that is H for right weapon, U for right heavy attack. And for the left side the Left Shift and Tab is configured. E is to pick a item. There are less chances to have simple settings but you can make the changes as per your need. First get use to the number of controls that you have in the game. I wish to have a training type mode where I can practice number of thing without being getting attacked. As you keep on gaining experience your job for controlling weapons will become much more easier.