Thread: Durante's 1080p resolution solution for Dark Souls

Durante's 1080p resolution solution for Dark Souls

I encountered a lot of people who are asking if the game can be run in the multiple monitor setup with resolution of 1080p. I researched about this problem and I encountered a website Neogaf on whose forums a user named Durante had posted a fix. OI have attached it with this post by name ‘Dark Souls fix v0.5. You can download it and put it in the Dark Souls Directory folder, mine is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition\DATA

In this patch you will find a file by name DSfix.ini. You can insert the resolution on which you want to run this game. This patch will help you maintain the quality of textures even on the higher resolution. You can extend the graphics up to 1080p.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Durante's 1080p resolution solution for Dark Souls

Thanks for this patch as it really helped me to get proper resolution for three monitor setup on my computer. Usually with such tricks, the computer actually stretches the highest resolution picture to meet the edges of the screen. I will now be able to enjoy Dark Souls in full resolution on big screen. The only problem is that framerate of the game will go down by some small amount, maybe decrease by 5 to 10 fps.