Thread: Dark Souls performance on a Dual Core machine

Dark Souls performance on a Dual Core machine

I will be having a long holiday for a month during coming vacations after I finish with my exams. I have planned to play games in this vacation and I have made a list of all few games which I want to play. In this list is Dark Souls too. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 processor of frequency of 3.0 GHz. I wanted to know if Dark Souls will run properly in this processor or not?

Re: Dark Souls performance on a Dual Core machine

When looking out for a game and making sure if it will work in your computer or not, you should check out for RAM and graphic card first and then for the processor. If the processor you are using, which is Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 is more than 5 years old then chances of it not working properly are more. But most of the games are designed such that they will run smoothly on computers with processors as old as five years old. The only thing you need processor is to make sure that you can run multiple processes along with the game. I am sure that Dark Souls will run properly on Intel Core 2 Duo T9600.

Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 is a dual core processor with frequency of 3.0 GHz. According to the minimum requirement of this game, it needs a dual core processor with minimum frequency of 2.6 GHz. You can play this game in your computer easily considering that you have sufficient amount of RAM and video memory that this game requires. With all the conditions met, you can start this game. If the hardware in your computer seems insufficient, you can always optimize the game settings to make it work on your computer.

Dark Souls is not some high end game like Crysis 2 that you should be worrying about every piece of your hardware. This game needs 512 MB of video memory, 4 GB hard disk space and 1 GB RAM to work properly. This configuration was required for the game some three years back. So even if you have a four year old system, Dark Souls will run smoothly.