Thread: "Sleeping Dogs is downloading a big update right now" message

"Sleeping Dogs is downloading a big update right now" message

I have installed Sleeping Dogs in my computer and I have started playing it after. After playing it for one day, everything was fine. The next day when I started playing this game again, I received a big message on my screen saying, "Sleeping Dogs is downloading a big update right now" I don’t understand why this message is appearing. I let the update happen, but even after 15 minutes have passed, it is not going. Can someone explain me why it is appearing?

Re: "Sleeping Dogs is downloading a big update right now" message

I think that you must have ordered some DLC with it which it is downloading when you started for the second time. The DLC will download and then update the game automatically. The DLC can be around size of 600 MB depending how much the developers are releasing on the following date. Again if you have a high speed internet, the download will complete fast else it will keep you waiting for a long time. Many times the developers even patch certain part of the game, like buggy area or maybe some error. So this can be the reason for this message.

My best guess is that the game is downloading the DLC to your PC for Sleeping Dogs. I had ordered the DLC too and I got them when I first launched the game. I had to wait for two hours for every DLC to be placed in their right places. The files that were edited by this big update were Animation.bix, Characters.bix, Global.bix, game.bix, vehicles.bix and so on. But if you want a DLC that you had ordered or requested, you will need to wait for some time and bear the problem. This whole updating process depends on your internet connection.

Couldn’t the developers design the DLC to let itself download in the background. Also can’t the developers ask when we want the DLC delivered? I mean, we order the DLC, we pay for the DLC, then it must be us who should decide when we want it in our computer and when it should get delivered. If the game would have asked me, I would have allowed the download to take place at night when I would be sleeping. Interfering with user’s regular activity is not the right thing that is done by the developers. Also it slows down internet connection making us to avoid other internet activities too. This is sheer nonsense according to me.